News: Monaghan: Poms lack a spine

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>Australian Super League star Michael Monaghan says the lack of quality players along England's 'spine' will leave them vulnerable during the Four Nations tournament.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/5202-monaghan-poms-lack-a-spine.html">Read the full article</a>

At least he has played three seasons in ESL and signed on for another stint until the end of 2013. That entitles him to an opinion of the state of the English chances. As opposed to perhaps some who play half a season and it is all too hard and want to go home.

ManlyBacker link said:
At least he has played three seasons in ESL and signed on for another stint until the end of 2013. That entitles him to an opinion of the state of the English chances. As opposed to perhaps some who play half a season and it is all too hard and want to go home.

Nice way of misdirecting hate from your favourite "halfback"

Funniest part is the one your hatin on is the only genuine halfback we've had since Toovey

Shane link said:
[quote author=ManlyBacker link=topic=185748.msg302164#msg302164 date=1286886457]

Funniest part is the one your hatin on is the only genuine halfback we've had since Toovey
[/quote]

Mate, I don't cuddle an Ox pillow every night!
I have said many times that given a choice at HB Ox wins for me over Monas. My issue, and it is pretty much the same as Matas has with Monas, is about the quality of the man. As all have said nothing will take away from his achievements for us, they exist and 08 of course is a cherished memory. But he kept us on negotiation tenterhooks from April to October then just walked out. And one year later he is doing it again to another club. That's all.

ManlyBacker link said:
[quote author=Shane link=topic=185748.msg302167#msg302167 date=1286887783]
[quote author=ManlyBacker link=topic=185748.msg302164#msg302164 date=1286886457]

[/quote]

Mate, I don't cuddle an Ox pillow every night!
I have said many times that given a choice at HB Ox wins for me over Monas. My issue, and it is pretty much the same as Matas has with Monas, is about the quality of the man. As all have said nothing will take away from his achievements for us, they exist and 08 of course is a cherished memory. But he kept us on negotiation tenterhooks from April to October then just walked out. And one year later he is doing it again to another club. That's all.
[/quote]well said mate...  ;)

Seems to be an idea on here that ox just walked on us for money.I can absolutely assure you Manly were ambivalent about him leaving  and were happy to have the  club move in a new direction(unless he accepted big unders).People will have different ideas about whether it was good for us if he left or not but Manly was not in any hurry to keep him.

all this mercenary stuff is ridiculous.ask any player about what they thought of him as a captain,player and a bloke and the answer will be the same.

I look forward to seeing Monas at the leagues club in the future and giving him a quiet reminder of this statement. Sure were not as strong as the Kiwis or Aussies but were more then good enough. Plus the big boys will have a field day.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6