News: Mason not worth gamble, Jamie Lyon, Michael Monaghan, Fans day

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
<div class="content-item">
<div class="module-header">IN the end, there was one skeleton too many in Willie Mason’s cupboard. Mason is now the giant-sized proof that the majority of rugby league clubs have silently declared a “no troublemakers” policy in the game.</div>
<div class="module-header" />

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4515-mason-not-worth-gamblejamie-lyonmichael-monaghan-fans-day.html">Read the full article</a>

It may all be coming together quicker than we thought. Killer is a great kicker and his directional play at the end of 2008 was instrumental in winning us a Premiership, the captaincy should be finalised shortly, Choc is looking to sign on long term (see http://www.silvertails.net/news/4516-choc-to-stay-put), Foran getting the right pushes, Snake sizzling at the back, some pack competition for places. I know the halves need to be sorted but I am starting to feel pretty confident of a solid year.

Ryan link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=182347.msg250274#msg250274 date=1264761093]
Reading all that should make Ryan happy with Lowe MB :p

There is no way in hell I'd say anything negative about Lowe anymore mate.
[/quote] I would have thought it would have taken more than a moderator banning and an MWSE banning to shut you up mate.  Dissapointing.

Ryan link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=182347.msg250274#msg250274 date=1264761093]
Reading all that should make Ryan happy with Lowe MB :p

There is no way in hell I'd say anything negative about Lowe anymore mate.
[/quote]

Haha, good onya Ryan. If we don't hear from you at all on the matter again then hopefully it means he is performing !! Have you been barred from places for your views as Mata has said ?

"All Manly’s captains in recent years since and including Geoff Toovey have been confrontational. If “Killer” gets the nod, it will be a marked change in approach"

I didn't think Geoff was confrontational. He always accepted the umpire's decision with decorum and good sportsmanship:)
But out of loyalty to his tiring forwards and under (I'm sure) strict instructions he tried to buy a little time for the defence. Well done to Geoff.
However . . . a prospective master stroke from Des? (Cam Smith is annoying, a grappler, etc etc but not a whiner).

Rambo1987 link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=182347.msg250287#msg250287 date=1264807374]
Mason would have been worth that gamble.

Agreed - he will be out to prove a point and at 50k you cant go wrong
[/quote]

"If" he gets an NRL start . . .  he will be out to prove a point, and he has the ability (eg his barnstorming game first time for the Rooters up against the Dogs)  . . .

But I disagree with 'at 50k you cant go wrong', when it is the whole culture of the playing group that is at stake.

Having said that, I reckon Willie is far less 'poisonous' that some other players, but he has a bad reputation. He is popular with players precisely because he does speak what he thinks, and that makes him dangerous.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2