News: Maroons name NSW cheap shot grubs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>QUEENSLAND last night cranked up their propaganda war ahead of tomorrow night's State of Origin dead-rubber match by publicly naming the Blues' so-called "cheap-shot merchants".</p>

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/4923-maroons-name-nsw-cheap-shot-grubs.html">Read the full article</a>

A team with the 4 number 1 grubs,and the biggest wanking whinger in the game,should be careful (something about glass houses and stones).{That's smith,slater,non-english,cronk and thurston}

I'd be surprised if the players actually said that, the media tends to twist and turn the words a fair bit for the "headline grabber" up here...fair dinkumn you should buy yourselves a Bronco Mail and see what I mean...full of absolute bull****!

why the hell would I want to BUY a broncos mail LOL
I get crap from the roosters all the time that I have asked numerous times to stop

Tomorrow headline "Smith names NSW quickest players"

Cant wait to get that inside info as well

I dont know many who would be suprised to see Gallen named as grubby.

Actually they're right.  If you look at the last game you'll see a lot of arm grinding into heads and knuckles on heads as the tackler rises etc, from the Blues players.  Much has been written of Gallen and the rest of the forwards as the 'bruise' brothers.  They are grubs and cheap shot merchants.  Don't let the blue glasses obscure your sight brothers.   

Sam Thaiday is the king of being the 3rd man in and the cheap king hit (look at game 2).

To be honest we should be hitting them with as many cheap shots as possible.

Then that's the problem Wheel.  NSW will only beat Qld by playing superior football.  They'll continue to give away stupid penalties and lose games while the likes of Gallen and his ilk are picked ahead of players who hit hard and play good footie.  Glenn Stewart for example is a better and cleaner football player than Gallen.   

Do we have the players to play superior footy DSM?  We will struggle IMO, I think if we can put them off their game (ala Game 3 last year) we can bring them back to our level.

I guess so Wheel, but it ****es me that one has to reduce the game to this.  I just hate the way Gallen and his ilk play.  All that borderline scraping on the face, pushing heads down into the grass and other rubbish.  I might be Eagle blind, but I don't see this sort of thing in our players.  I didn't see it with the Panthers players last night either.  Souths, Roosters, cowpats, Tigers and Cronulla players are particularly adept at rubbish play.         

Agree DSM, "Bring back the Biff" is old school...give me line breaks, chips over the top and exciting back line movements any day. SOO used to be "the best V the best"....it seems to have degenerated into "the best v the grubbiest"

DSM5 link said:
Actually they're right.  If you look at the last game you'll see a lot of arm grinding into heads and knuckles on heads as the tackler rises etc, from the Blues players.  Much has been written of Gallen and the rest of the forwards as the 'bruise' brothers.  They are grubs and cheap shot merchants.  Don't let the blue glasses obscure your sight brothers.   

Dead right. Gallen has to unleash a little bit of niggle in EVERY tackle, it's like a disease. He is a grubby little individual, although he has a way to go to take Slater's mantle as the grubbiest in the game. Slater's cheap shots are a lot more cynical and really against the spirit of the game, he is a piece of sh!t in my book and I would love nothing more than to see Gallen take him out....legally or illegally

I love you nick name C & C, maybe NSW should try a bit of it themseleves...only trouble is they'll kick it straight to Slater :mad:

The reason they are niggling is because it is a trait of Bellamy's coaching tactics.  You only have to look at the Storm and their tactis over the years. Chicken Wing, Grapple Tackle, Sliding feet first at players heads etc etc etc......

You are probably right Pat, as for a few years that sort of went out of the game.....don't get me wrong, a decent old biffo (occasionally) to let steam off isn't a great drama but gee I find these grubby tactics a bit...well I suppose...grubby!!

It is unsportsman like tactics but god forbid if that word was ever used in the NRL or Bellamy's vocabulary.

Yes better description unsportsman like.

It's funny how things stick in one's mind, like that Olympic moment when one of the runners in a long race stopped to help another competitor that had fallen....it's rare that you see that sort of thing in our game.

I saw Beaver in a game a few years ago when an opposition player was knocked out, waving like mad to get the medico's to come onto the field and stopping other players from moving the player....today you rarely see that in the celebrations  from your side for knocking some poor buggar out on the other.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6