News: Manly's unfinished business

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>Zorba looks at preparations for tomorrow's game against Souths, Ox missing the post-game interview, Big George the speedster; and Choc in the press.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4158-manlys-unfinished-business.html">Read the full article</a>

52kmh

I can tell you now he ****ing well did not run that fast!

Humans just can not produce those speeds, he would have been lucky to be pushing 20kmh

Most humans walk at 3 - 4 and run between 8 and 20, the fast runners in the world will very briefly get up to around 35kmh

If the big bad truck ran at 52kmh dont try and steal his wallet, he'll run you down

oh and cite http://www.elitefeet.com/how-fast-can-humans-run

Looks like the GPS technology we're using is dodgy and over stating things.  Perhaps that's why the players seem to have an attitude that they're better than they are when they're playing like excreta. 

Dan link said:
52kmh

I can tell you now he F**king well did not run that fast!

Humans just can not produce those speeds, he would have been lucky to be pushing 20kmh

Yeah we know that Dan.   But open your mind, there's all sorts of possibilities. Like:

1.  There's a known slight downward slope to the end he was running.
2.  And anyway, there could have been a downwind
3.  It a proven phenomenon that low batteries on watches slow time. I've seen that with my own eyes.
4.  Electrons move at remarkable speeds, who's to know which electron was being measured, and who's to know which electron comprises the definable essence of Big George.
5.  Sometimes after curry I swear I exceed that speed on the toilet.
6.  Distance and speed can only be measured relative to another object.  Lyon was seen to be running for cover at the time.
7.  According to the theory of relativity, space and time can warp in extreme circumstances, and if any frame can do that to time and space, it's Big George's.
8.  After the props pentathlon feats, anything's possible with Big George.

Dan link said:
oh and cite http://www.elitefeet.com/how-fast-can-humans-run

remember they are from standing starts

hence why the 60m speed is slower than 200m

Big george probably would have clocked around 30km/h, maybe Zorba misread 32, I have run 100m in just under 14 seconds from a standing start no blocks on grass, thats over 25km\h for a 100Kg unfit fat bastard

and yes 52km\h was only his hand to mouth speed when eating a pie

Dan link said:
52kmh

I can tell you now he F**king well did not run that fast!

Most humans walk at 3 - 4 and run between 8 and 20, the fast runners in the world will very briefly get up to around 35kmh

If the big bad truck ran at 52kmh dont try and steal his wallet, he'll run you down

The speeds quoted are an average over the whole distance, their fastest speed would actually be higher than this value, but not by anywhere near 15 km/h faster
(see dan's elitefeet link)

Anyway......in recent weeks weve had more article talk about how good we are & are going to be than the on field winning of games that we actually need.

Less paper talk and more on field focus please Manly.

I just had to bump this to show how stupid that speed suggestion is. Usain Bolt just broke his own record in the 100m in a time of 9.58 seconds. Bolt clocked an average 44.72 km/hour between 60m and 80m mark.

Big George would have been lucky to break 25km/h.

CliffyIsGod link said:
I just had to bump this to show how stupid that speed suggestion is. Usain Bolt just broke his own record in the 100m in a time of 9.58 seconds. Bolt clocked an average 44.72 km/hour between 60m and 80m mark.

Big George would have been lucky to break 25km/h.

totally agreed.

Rocks in your head if you think George has ever moved that quickly under his own steam.

if George was running that fast how fast was Benji running??

and the last time he ran that fast was when KFC had a 2 for 1 sale on :)

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
So you are saying George is not as fast as Usain Bolt?

obviously not, but we are also saying he didn't run at 52kmh

Why would anyone take anything Zorba writes seriously? He talks smack, he writes smack, he eats smack.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6