News: Manly youngsters facing 29-year hoodoo

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<div class="articleBody" />
<p>They have Manly on the brink of a remarkable top-four finish, but young halves Trent Hodkinson and Keiran Foran must overcome a 29-year hoodoo to deliver the Sea Eagles the NRL premiership.</p>
<p>Not since Parramatta legends Peter Sterling and Brett Kenny led the Eels to</p>

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/5086-manly-youngsters-facing-29-year-hoodoo.html">Read the full article</a>

If Hodkinson is so good and single handedly directed SCSE through the finals, why doesn't Des trust him to play both sides of the ruck as a true first receiver for us ?

Chip & Chase link said:
If Hodkinson is so good and single handedly directed SCSE through the finals, why doesn't Des trust him to play both sides of the ruck as a true first receiver for us ?

He struggles to lead us - he was completely out of his depth when Lyon was injuried.

you blokes dont give up do you.

a few  games of NRL and he's a shot duck.there hasnt been a good young half since pearce in the last 3 or 4 years and yet you lot put the bloke straight in the bin at age 21 and a dozen games.

and it is not because he is leaving.this rubbish started after week 8.

these guys are not wingers,they are playmakers.they need time.there would be 12 second rowers running around as NRL halfbacks if you lot were coaching because ill give you guys a tip- there arent many halves out there.

sometimes I really wonder:

Orford captains manly to a title by 40 and wins a dally M and that aint good enough for most.

then the  bloke who replaces him gets a dozen games with a 20 year old outside him and we are running 5th with injuries  and that aint good enough also.

oh to be a no.7 at Manly.

god help DCE next year.

susan link said:
you blokes dont give up do you.

a few  games of NRL and he's a shot duck.there hasnt been a good young half since pearce in the last 3 or 4 years and yet you lot put the bloke straight in the bin at age 21 and a dozen games.

and it is not because he is leaving.this rubbish started after week 8.

these guys are not wingers,they are playmakers.they need time.there would be 12 second rowers running around as NRL halfbacks if you lot were coaching because ill give you guys a tip- there arent many halves out there.

sometimes I really wonder:

Orford captains manly to a title by 40 and wins a dally M and that aint good enough for most.

then the  bloke who replaces him gets a dozen games with a 20 year old outside him and we are running 5th with injuries  and that aint good enough also.

oh to be a no.7 at Manly.

god help DCE next year.

Some people have NFI, it wont change.

young wingers- gordon,meade,carney,vidot,winterstien,yeow yee,uate,farrell,wiliams,oldfield,locke,ferguson,oneill,duffy,earl

young halves - ?

Hodkinson, Foran, Keating, Mortimer, Maloney, Ray Thompson, Barba, Norman, McCrone, Sandow, Graham.

Robert Lui is another one

But Susan's point above is correct, people expect far too much from young kids learning the ropes

Maloney,Sandow,Mortimer and to a lesser extent McCrone are the only regulars out of that lot.Maloney has been at 3 clubs now and is just hitting his straps.Sandow has been at 2 clubs and has been inconsistent for 3 years after being ahead of Pearce as a junior.Mortimer is now on the bench after a great first year.McCrone has swapped and changed with Herbert for the last 2 years.Some real good talent in the group Volley mentioned but they will take time.

Some people are easy to wind up.

In all seriousness if Hodko was a standout playmaker why does Des camp him on the right all game. Why not give him a bit of latitude ?

Yeah ive noticed Hodko getting alot of good praises on the Footy Show ect but when it comes to the fans, most of us think he is hopeless. I guess we all forget just how hard it is to find a good halfback these days. I think Cronk, Thurston and Prince are the only three consistent halfbacks in the NRL.

forget about hodkinson.if you can't see the general principal I am getting at re young halves then so be it.

obviously the last post was directed at Cand C  Torana.

I hope DCE gets more of a chance next year.because after that the cupboard is bare.

susan link said:
forget about hodkinson.if you can't see the general principal I am getting at re young halves then so be it.

Re read my post lol, i was not bagging Hodko. I was just stating that there are only very few consistent Halfbacks in the NRL. I agree that the others like Hodko and all the other young halves need time to develop and learn their trade so to speak.

torana

as i said above i wasnt referring to your post.you must have put yours in while i was doing mine.i was referring to Cand C.I agree with you for sure.

makes us think about orfords etc but look at kimmorley, useless now so maybe a 25 year old (who knows) is the best fit. Crushers call about kids on "the club" was on the dot, taking time. Foran and Hodko are struggling to play high quality each week. The experience will be invaluable, pity Bulldogs get our work though.

Hodko is a brilliant nsw/qld cup player,period
i know theres been conjecture about stewwie and wolf how many more games we'd have won however
With Ox's leadership,wouldnt we have just won them anyway?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2