News: Manly waiting for Steve Matai to sign on

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<div class="content-item" />
<p>MANLY centre Steve Matai is yet to officially sign a contract with the Sea Eagles.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/5178-manly-waiting-for-steve-matai-to-sign-on.html">Read the full article</a>

he will sign now definately ..
he can smell another premiership  ..;)

my take on foran & matao not signing yet is that the club were looking for a prop to replace perry.

and therefore would alter forans & matai's year to year contract accordingly to fit in a front rower.

now that they couldn't find a front rower the club will pay matai & foran a bit extra in 2011 and less in the following years.

Did I read this correctly - "the Sea Eagles are still crunching their numbers"? - 2 months or so after Matai agreed to stay. This shouldn't take that long.

Come on Lowe what's taking you so long to use a calculator?  So all this time we thought you couldn't find a pen that worked.  Maybe it's a new calculator that you need or else someone to show you how to use it  ;)

And I guess this is why Foran hasn't signed yet too.

Ok, this might be seen as a dumb question but how can you make an offer for anything without knowing your budget?

perhaps Matai asked for X and the club said will you agree to it, pending an accounting review/we find the money

hehe like a housing contract. Put in a sunset and finance clause, subject to building and pest

Let me say I love watching Matai as an attacking and defensive force. He was clearly best on ground last game before being sent off.

Matai was made an offer, did not sign and subsequently had an apparent brain snap getting sent off for a lengthy suspension once again.

There is a question whether his value is now more problematic - a la Hopoate, Les Boyd, etc - given the officials having a huge "X" on his forehead, not to mention all the carry-over points and his apparent past inability to avoid these incidents.  Can this be changed, and can he remain injury free?

If I were him, I would have grabbed that pen with both hands when sent off.

Country Matt link said:
my take on foran & matao not signing yet is that the club were looking for a prop to replace perry.

and therefore would alter forans & matai's year to year contract accordingly to fit in a front rower.

now that they couldn't find a front rower the club will pay matai & foran a bit extra in 2011 and less in the following years.
There's something i didn't think of. If you have a bit of room in the cap, instead of back-end the contract, forward end it. That way in the next few years will will start to get more and more money in the cap to use to buy players. Quite a good idea, and i like it if that's what they are planning.

Shane link said:
I really hope we sign atleast Foran soon,we NEED him

True. Altough at times this season I thought that hodkinson was the better footballer, not least the better kicker of the two.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2