News: Manly Sea Eagles doctor, Paul Bloomfield, defends use of Stilnox

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rex

Bencher
ONE of the NRL's most respected medicos last night defended his club's use of insomnia drug Stilnox, describing it as a perfectly legitimate sleeping tablet provided it was used appropriately and any side-effects were closely monitored.

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/4128-manly-sea-eagles-doctor-paul-bloomfield-defends-use-of-stilnox.html">Read the full article</a>

You've got to respect his views, he has been conducting a pretty rigorous scientific study over the last 5 years or so and is well placed to comment on the effect of this drug. His guinea pig Jason King has been popping two Stillnox tablets before every NRL game and he has shown no side effects. If anything he has probably built up a tolerance to their effect as we have witnessed him actually playing like he is awake of late ;)

Possible Manly players on Stilnox:

Jason King -- see above
Heathy -- lost all his dummy half zip
Tony Williams -- takes him a quarter mile to hit top speed
Glen Hall -- In his REM cycle whenever he has been on the field
Kite -- accidently given double the dose during SOO 1 and 2.

How do footy players have trouble sleeping at night?

If I was getting paid the amount of cash they do to play sport for a living I think I would be punching plenty if Zs.

i noticed that a player from the titans 20s has tesed positive to nandrolene. His name is travis drough and he started the season in the manly 20s

Kiwi Eagle link said:
From memory Jethro, is was the drug of choice for all the cyclists a few years ago, increases endurane

Thanks for responding Kiwi.

After I posted asking what it was they said on the news that it was a steroid.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6