News: Manly denies it is a one-man band

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>Manly coach Des Hasler has refused to blame his side's loss to North Queensland on the absence of star full-back Brett Stewart.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/Sea-Eagles/manly-denies-it-is-a-one-man-band.html">Read the full article</a>

We had plenty of opportunities, and although other plays didn't come off because Brett Stewart wasnt there. It was clear what we missed was finishers.

We had a lot of momentum and our heads were in the right place. After the Odonnel send off, manly were pumped and we looked dangerous we just lacked anyone who could cross the line!

Bani was attrocious and looked scared of evrything. And Robbo is still not the answer in Fullback. Surely we have another actual fullback in the club

I still think the forwards are rubbish. I blame Des for persisting with the same players.

Time to bring Jared H up and maybe Williams on the bench for some impact bursts.

Only Kite made more than 100m again. While quite a few forwards did it for Nth QLd.

We still could have won but our forwards are not dominant.

Of course it's not a one-man band.  The again, it's surely not a football team.  What is it?  Currently I would describe it as a 'disappointment'. 

They gave up as soon as the cownoys scored after manly had all the momentum. You could see it in their body language.

But they jsut didnt want to win it. I said the same to Rob at the time, they dont look like a team that wants to win

A team needs a leader and I cant see that we have one of those.

You look at the way Thurston gets in the ear of his team about what he wants / expects - we don't have anyone like that.

Surely Hasler can see that Lyon must be 5/8th.  Then we might, just might, have something going at the scrum base.  The persistent crap selections are a huge part of the problem. 

we needs a statesman in the forward pack, I thought Kite would have stepped up in the absence of menzies but that is obviously not the case,

Interesting comment Zep.  Nobody has stepped up.  No-one.  I'd have LeStrange on for the full 80.  Maybe he could provide the spark.  Ballin seems to have gone into a shell.  Kite and Perry are sluggish.  Hall provides some go forward but where has the tactic of running Choc and Stewart wide gone?  Short off the hip passes to a straight running centre, ala Lyon and Bell last season doesn't seem to be happening.  Poor old Bani seems terrified.   

DSM5 link said:
Interesting comment Zep.  Nobody has stepped up.  No-one.  I'd have LeStrange on for the full 80.  Maybe he could provide the spark.  Ballin seems to have gone into a shell.  Kite and Perry are sluggish.  Hall provides some go forward but where has the tactic of running Choc and Stewart wide gone?  Short off the hip passes to a straight running centre, ala Lyon and Bell last season doesn't seem to be happening.  Poor old Bani seems terrified.   

You know I dont think you are watching the same games I am.

Ballin was one of the best on the park for us on Saturday

Quite simply they are not hungry for sucess like they were last year. 

They won the comp and there is not much else to acheive for some players who probably thought that they would never win one.

Dan link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=180220.msg220477#msg220477 date=1240795629]

You know I dont think you are watching the same games I am.

Ballin was one of the best on the park for us on Saturday
[/quote]

Well, he did say in the "Orford the glue" thread:

"I turned off the game when I realized the guys really didn't want to win this one"

(By the way, good selection of "off" in your quote DSM5 :p)

DSM5 link said:
Thanks Jethro, you're very kind.  And by the way, what did you think of the game? 

No worries.

As for the game, I didn't see or listen to it. I just had the NRL live score update going on the computer screen whilst the missus & I were watching a dvd (Disturbia). I had either watched or listened to the first 4 games & they lost and didn't watch or listen to games 5 & 6 and they won (but did watch them later on). I decided to not watch or listen to the game again to see if the don't watch or listen to the game and they win theory works again but alas, it didn't and they lost. I threw that theory out the window.

Jethro link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=180220.msg220550#msg220550 date=1240809925]

Thanks Jethro, you're very kind.  And by the way, what did you think of the game? 

No worries.

As for the game, I didn't see or listen to it. I just had the NRL live score update going on the computer screen whilst the missus & I were watching a dvd (Disturbia). I had either watched or listened to the first 4 games & they lost and didn't watch or listen to games 5 & 6 and they won (but did watch them later on). I decided to not watch or listen to the game again to see if the don't watch or listen to the game and they win theory works again but alas, it didn't and they lost. I threw that theory out the window.
[/quote]

jethro you should have gotten in touch. Leanne went out and Rob and I watched it and ate Pizza. There were quite a few swear words thrown around though.
We have Austar so for the games you dont get I can record them or I will let you know my movements for the games mate

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2