News: Lyon lacks passion: Daley

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Using Daley's logic, his mate David Furner lacks passion and commitment for his country. Oh, but he's a Raiders man.

Why are we knocking Daley for this? I'd actually put money on it, that if Daley rang him and asked Killer he would probably say the exact same words.

Daley actually says hes not saying it to be disrespectful to Lyon.

I know we like to revel in the nobody likes us and we don't care attitude but why we feel the need to constantly try and make mountains out of molehills is beyond me.

Masked Eagle said:
Why are we knocking Daley for this? I'd actually put money on it, that if Daley rang him and asked Killer he would probably say the exact same words.

Daley actually says hes not saying it to be disrespectful to Lyon.

I know we like to revel in the nobody likes us and we don't care attitude but why we feel the need to constantly try and make mountains out of molehills is beyond me.
Well said

Not 'well said'. The other posters who have pointed out the inconsistencies in Daley's words are right. It's sour grapes for him. He stood down through lack of knowledge in the selector stakes... before he was sacked. This 'passion' thing is silly. The game is a nothing game, Lyon wants to concentrate on Manly and he should be applauded by Manly supporters for his attitude. Manly first, other teams last.

DSM5 said:
Not 'well said'. The other posters who have pointed out the inconsistencies in Daley's words are right. It's sour grapes for him. He stood down through lack of knowledge in the selector stakes... before he was sacked. This 'passion' thing is silly. The game is a nothing game, Lyon wants to concentrate on Manly and he should be applauded by Manly supporters for his attitude. Manly first, other teams last.

Here, here mate.

DSM5 said:

What exactly are the inconsistencies? Are you disputing Lyon didn't want to be picked? He said he didn't want to pick Lyon because he doesn't want to be there. I fail to see the problem people have with his statement.

Daley was one of the selectors that saw the NSW SOO team lose 5 series in a row. The guy has no credibilty and rants as if he's Wayne Bennett, he is a moron.

Lyon has represented his country. Why would he want to play in a nothing game where the only thing he has to gain is a possible injury.

I'm pleased to see the relatively light burden the rep games are having on us at least for this weekend.

Laurie lacks brains more than Jaimie lacks passion; great player, seriously **** selector and commentator.

DSM5 said:

Moondog said:
Lyon has represented his country. Why would he want to play in a nothing game where the only thing he has to gain is a possible injury.

Matabele said:
Lyon is a lot smarter than the 34 other buffoons taking part in this silly game.

I swear I've been through this before on this site. City Country is played to help Country Rugby League get money if they didn't play the game many Country Clubs will go bust and the future Jamie Lyon's would never get the chance to play league or get a shot to play NRL

Fair enough e2w but that is a problem with the funding of grass roots league; the game itself used to a genuine city v country game but the origin concept has turned it into a soo trial. Country rugby league development should be properly supported systematically by the nrl as part of a more long-sighted development and investment strategy.

The city-country rivalry thing; does it still have legs for people from the country? If so, there's a place for this fixture but I'm not sure it works as a possible v probables trial.

Look, I'd be happy if the CRL got a fairer shake out of the NRL. Instead of having these nuffy games, when all that comes out of them is injuries, play an U20s round robin comp on a weekend every so often in a different country centre. That'd be more encouraging on young country players.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6