News: I'll show up Eagles, says Cuthbo

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>IT MIGHT only be a trial, but Cronulla's new prop Adam Cuthbertson will get his first crack at showing up Manly coach Des Hasler at Toyota Stadium tonight.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4542-ill-show-up-eagles-says-cuthbo.html">Read the full article</a>

Good lucktrying to win a premiership with the sharks cuthbo.

I would like to think there is no bitterness from Cuthbo, especially about missing out on involvement in the 08 GF.

I mean, did anyone have him pencilled in for a definite spot on the team ? He had no chance other than an injury to someone else. Who was he going to replace ? Its a simple matter of everyone else was playing at such a level as to preclude him. Even off the bench.

I like Cuthbo, hope he goes well in a sh*t side.

Not sad to see him leave, much better options out there for us.

Yeah Cuthbo showed some promise in patches. Will wander down to Shark Park tonight and watch the four quarters of footy @ $5 a quarter!

I think he was hard done by. He's more talented than a few guys who consistently got the nod over him.

Des has a plan & picks the team around that. Cuthbo didn't fit that plan. Unfortunate really.

I think he might have been best served by a coach like Tim Sheens or Neil Henry.

I think Cuthbo was talented but seriously, who in the 2008 Grand Final team should have been dropped to allow him to play? Not Bryant or King who ate up major metres and certainly not Beaver. He is kidding himself really!

I agree Canteen.  Cuthbo might have been likeable, but his propensity to drop balls and bludge in defense was there to see.  Never the impact player that we all wanted him to be.  Pity really.   

I agree with everything that has been said so far but I did feel a bit sorry for him last year to be pulled out of the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles Grand Final team to play for Manly the same weekend and missed out on their (SCSE) inaugural Grand Final win when he had played a good part in helping them get there.

At the time he was he was gaining the limelight, Rabs & Gus were promoting him bigtime. He did provide 2nd phase play (sometimes too risky) while most others in our team werent. So at least Des had identified his value in that area of the game. But as the article says, at that stage Hall was never going to be replaced by Cuthbo.

Maybe it's the local junior in me but I remember watching him when he was first graded & really thinking he had the ability to be a top line first grader.
Same with Sean Meaney too. Pity about the injuries.

Duff link said:
Maybe it's the local junior in me but I remember watching him when he was first graded & really thinking he had the ability to be a top line first grader.
Same with Sean Meaney too. Pity about the injuries.

Shame about Meaney - I thought he was going to be something special. He was a chance to be the fullback for the Tigers last year but injury robbed him of that. As for Cuthbo he was lacking with aggression and his flick passing was too dangerous.

Cuthbo is a great talent and yes he used to bludge in Defence and miss tackles but he will make an impact at the Sharks. Then again they are SH^T so any player with ability will help them.

The reason why we won the comp in 08 was cause we had such a great squad and Des had to make a call and all the other forwards were playing much better than him, so he needs to build a bridge and get over it.

Maybe he should "Prey to God"

ManlyBacker link said:
<p>IT MIGHT only be a trial, but Cronulla's new prop Adam Cuthbertson will get his first crack at showing up Manly coach Des Hasler at Toyota Stadium tonight.</p>

<a href=\"http://www.silvertails.net/news/4542-ill-show-up-eagles-says-cuthbo.html\">Read the full article</a>

Did he?  To those that were there, how did he play?  Or did he play?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2