News: Give Wolfy another chance

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>EX-BLUES captain Steve Mortimer believes under-pressure Manly winger David Williams deserves another crack at Origin next month. </p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4038-give-wolfy-another-chance.html">Read the full article</a>

I can't see them persisting with Wolfman. The Morris boys may well get a guernsey. Wolfie will need to play well over a period of time to get a call up next year.

Mind you, Hodges had the worst debut imaginable (bar Phil Duke) and has bounced back pretty well since.

Yeah but QLD give their blokes another go.

NSW hang them out to dry and wolfie probably will too. I don't think anyone should play one origin game based on form. If they have good enough form to warrant and blues jersey than they should warrant first chop at the spot for the whole series.

I agree Nutz. The problem is that the selctors have done such a woeful job and is topped by Bellamy's use of those he gets. For me Wallace, Farrar and Gallen have shown they probably don't have what it takes at this level from game 2. I know Wolfy would be good but under the current administration it would be a miracle if he gets retained. I think we will get Wolfie and Kite back for the Dragons game and wouldn't be surprised if Gift and Killer even get the chop.

It's about time NSW selectors took a leaf out of the Q'land camp and started sticking with players. Tonga's hits were pretty good and I'm sure others would have dropped the ball also. As for his kick well - brain snap, I don't think even he knew why he did it, but if he had of scored the press would have hailed him a hero. As far as he stats go he was one of the best on ground, made more line breaks than anyone else.

He is an orgin player fullstop, he needs to be in the side.

Ryno link said:
if he had of scored the press would have hailed him a hero.

I said pretty much the same thing in one of the other threads and also who's to say that Bellamy hadn't told him to try his hand at that sort of play because it is totally out of character for his style of play.

ManlyBacker link said:
I agree Nutz. The problem is that the selctors have done such a woeful job and is topped by Bellamy's use of those he gets. For me Wallace, Farrar and Gallen have shown they probably don't have what it takes at this level from game 2. I know Wolfy would be good but under the current administration it would be a miracle if he gets retained. I think we will get Wolfie and Kite back for the Dragons game and wouldn't be surprised if Gift and Killer even get the chop.

Farrar had a shocker in game two but he wasn't the only one, look at game one he had a hand in nearly all of NSW tries and he put Hayne down the sideline for the disallowed try. He played a different game in game 2, whether he was following the coaches orders we will never know, his shocker of a pass that lead to Lockyers try first thing I thougt was why did he have to go wide? Probably because there was no forwards there putting their hand up to take the hit up. I think they should stick with the same side and let them redeem themselves, QLD would and look how it has worked for them in the past, how often have they dropped someone for bad form.

I originally said the Wolfie, Kite, Stewart were lucky to be selected on their form.  It just wasn't there and that showed.  I'd be happy if they weren't selected and played for us.

I'd say based on current form then the Morris brothers should have been there from the beginning.  Wolfman only got his start due to McManus' injury, his tackle on Coote and playing the WC last year.
As for who gets picked this game, who knows, it's almost a lottery with NSW nowadays.

Egg, I think the Morris guy who plays for the Dragqueens is not the better of the two brothers.  He misses tackles. 

With Weyman out the Blues may have to stick with Kite. They need at least 3 genuine props are going to have to look at players like Perry or King, so I think we will lose one of them.

Kite hasn't done any thing spectacular in Origin, but he only got, what, 25 minutes in Game 2... not even Price would have done anything in that time.

And I like Kite to a very similar player to price. Doesn't really have an offload, just make smart metres while playing a lot of minutes.

I think Kite will go regardless of the Weyman injury but it may well be a swap with Perry. I don't think Gifty should be there but think they'll stick with him. I also think Wolfie will get a 2nd chance cos he actually displays an origin attitude which can't be said for many of them.

have to agree with DSM5. even wolfman said other wingers were in better form and he was right. I hope we get them all back, bar watmough. go the nsw selectors! lots more panic stations changes please.

Gidley
Hayne
Morris
Jennings
Wolfy
Mullen
Kimmorley
Poore
Farah
Kite
Creagh
Watmough
Gallenn

Wing
Bailey
Laffranchi
G. Stewart

I'd say the team will look pretty similiar to that. Lyon shouldn't have been picked in the first place. You would NEVER see QLD pick a bloke who expressed his desire to be left out of origin.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6