News: Give Choc a shot

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>MANLY saviour Max Delmege is convinced installing Anthony Watmough as the Sea Eagles skipper will ensure the second-rower remains at the club for life.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4381-give-choc-a-shot.html">Read the full article</a>

I think he is a poor choice of captain. He hasn't had a great off field record and he is a hot head on the field, who doesn't have a good relationship with the refs. 

As for using it to boost our chances of keeping him....well he is a local junior, Manly made him the player he is, turned him into a rep player, he won a premiership with us, and we are going to offer him a substantial contract that should be relatively similar to what any other NRL club could offer him. If all this is not enough for him to stay with us, then buggar him!!

But I guess it's a done deal now, we all know when it comes to club business what Max wants Max seems to get.

He definitely is a natural leader on the field, whether this makes him the best choice for captain is another question though. Could the captaincy have a positive effect on his hot headedness ?

Who knows with the mysterious ways in which Mr Hasler thinks.

Max is entitled to his opinion as anyone is, and probably more so with his investment in the team, but hasn't anyone from the ownership group learnt from past mistakes about shooting their mouths off to the press? It hadn't been a couple of hours and Max has pushed his candidate forward for the captaincy. Surely that should be left up to Des and his team?

I would disagree strongly with Choc as Captain and this just tells me that Max has no idea. Despite his opinion he should shut up and let the coaching staff decide without putting any pressure on anyone. The last thing we need is media speculation (keep it to the forum) as papers love this sort of thing to fill up the off-season.

Next headline will be "Penn - Delmege at war over captaincy"

I am sure the papers can spin this into another ownership battle - Max please keep quiet....

Max gets what Max wants.

Monnas to be our new half back and choc as captain.  Could be an interesting 2010. 

At least choc will get rid of the no alcohol policy after games. 

the most penalised player in the nrl,terrible track record off the field..no thanks. Maybe king could be the man,he is intelligent and wouldn't get offside with the refs.my mail is that choc will be with the storm in 2011 anyway.And yes,i'm back after a lengthy absence!!

similar things were said about John Sattler. Hothead, undisciplined etc. The captaincy was the making of him as a footballer and he became one of the great captains in the limited tackle era. The same could happen with Watmough. He showed a lot more maturity in the second half of the season and as captain, the refs would have to treat him with a little more respect rather than disdain. It could work. However i would go with Glenn Stewart or Lyon.

Not sure if killer is the right choice,he has enough to do on the field as it is.Great player but,like happened with beaver,i fear being skipper wouldn't sit well with him.

I reckon Killer is a great choice, like Bozo said, he is a born captain and ready for it. I think he is head and shoulders best choice for the role

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4