News: Gasnier contract questionable

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eelcatcher

Reserve Grader
<div class="entry-bd-bd">Look, I am glad Mark Gasnier has left rugby union and rejoined the game where his name is famous - rugby league.

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4925-gasnier-contract-questionable.html">Read the full article</a>

If Gas wants to play for "only" 100k I guess he is the one losing out, as yes, he is worth a lot more. Obviously he will be rewarded down the track with a back ended contract in place. If we had a set up like that i'm sure no one would blink an eyelid. Great team management i'd say, something we seem to be lacking at the moment.

I couldn't care less if he was with RL or RU as I think he is completely overrated.  All this contract business is going to come back and bite the nrl.  The scum will use this as a reason why they should not have to shed players and those players can just take paycuts, you cannot have one rule for them and another for the dragqueens.  I love that stg signed him for so much as it should have a massive impact on who they can keep or bye for a few years, looks like that will not be the case as their accountants are even more creative than the scum accountants.

If he wasn't doing anything for the rest of the year then 100k to play some NRL games sounds like a pretty good deal to me!

let them have him ,hes so overated lol ,but seriously how many teams are scamming the cap !!!!!! ? cmon

MANLY4LIFE link said:
let them have him ,hes so overated lol ,but seriously how many teams are scamming the cap !!!!!! ? cmon
He was crap last night - cost them the game.

Fark him off to super league with all the other old cronies.

:)

Jerry I don't really think he alone cost them the game.  The whole team was pretty ordinary.  it just showed that the Goons can't take important games to a winning level.  It's interesting that he came back to the Goons to "win a Grand Final".  Arrogant prick, as if they'll ever. 

DSM5 link said:
Jerry I don't really think he alone cost them the game.  The whole team was pretty ordinary.  it just showed that the Goons can't take important games to a winning level.  It's interesting that he came back to the Goons to \"win a Grand Final\".  Arrogant prick, as if they'll ever. 
No not alone but how many times did he drop the ball in critical attacking moves. More than a few. I tipped Saints to win & was spewing when they lost. $1500 bucks up for grabs in the work tipping contest.

:)

Gasnier is all class and at his best he is a devastating runner. I still remember 08 and the home semi. We totally dominated them but he managed to score a magnificent try and trouble us all night. He gets injured easily but the phrase 'at his best' stands. My only comment is I wonder how Beau Scott and Matt Cooper feel about his arrival? Who do they dump?

Rubbish lol - How to upset a moderator!

wonder_lick_3StoogesBush.gif

Canteen Worker link said:
My only comment is I wonder how Beau Scott and Matt Cooper feel about his arrival? Who do they dump?

I think pretty good after last night's performance. They'll drop Gasnier ;)

St George can have him. He was the Queen Choaker of the club and will bring that mentality back with a vengeance...we thought they were bad last year? Watch them not get the minor premiership then knocked out in the first week of the finals this year...then not make the finals for 4 years lol

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6