News: Foran prepares for Carney while Choc limps

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>A GLIMPSE of two internationals of the future will meet on Sunday for the first time - Manly's Kieran Foran and Rooster Todd Carney.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/5085-foran-prepares-for-carney-while-choc-limps.html">Read the full article</a>

"In saying that, the club has shown plenty of character to get by without Brett. But certainly Brett adds that X-factor to any football side," Hasler said.

"What would Melbourne be without Billy Slater? Or Parramatta without Jarryd Hayne, or Penrith without Lachlan Coote, or the Broncos without Darren Lockyer? . . . made my point?"

I Think Des sumed that up very well, no matter how we finish this year I think the entire squad deserve a lot of credit for doing as well as they have.

But we don't want to be known as a one man team do we?

I don't like making excuses, but in light of that, without our top tryscorer for pretty much the past 2 seasons we've done well.

The only problem i have with our halves are, when we're in the oppostion 40-50 we don't put enough attacking bombs up, always just trying to kick it into space, which rarely works out anyway.

I think Foran has a big future, my only criticism of him is, he steps too early before the line, instead of just at the line.

i am very confident Kieran can handle Carney.

what i dont want to see is aubusson returning to the forwards as a hole runner and that young centre returning for them in his place.

it was very noticeable that Carney was crabbing on Monday night as he misses aubusson forcing him to play squarer by running good lines.

they have 2 strengths- great forward roll if you lose the play the ball with Masoe and Nuisalla and an ability to get the ball to the edges quickly via Pearce and Carney which allows SKD to really hurt sides.Our lack of speed is a worry here.

the way to win is to pressure the halves all day and rely on their recent lack of confidence resulting in them pushing the passes like monday night.

We need to complete sets and build pressure. Too many times over the past few weeks it comes to the last play and we either knock on or get forced out.

If we complete sets we win the game, that simple.

stoodamire link said:

Susan, I may have missed the point of your post, but the fact that we made the finals last year and are a real possibility of repeating that feat this year would suggest that we are not a one-man team, wouldn't it?

There's no doubting the Rooters (after 3 losses) will be super fired up...this game worries me...and we are safer at 5 than 7 (last year excepted)

codewana link said:
[quote author=stoodamire link=topic=184850.msg287328#msg287328 date=1282694369]

Susan, I may have missed the point of your post, but the fact that we made the finals last year and are a real possibility of repeating that feat this year would suggest that we are not a one-man team, wouldn't it?

[/quote]

You sure did miss the point of his post. You quoted stoodamire.

Volley link said:
[quote author=codewana link=topic=184850.msg287334#msg287334 date=1282699092]
[quote author=stoodamire link=topic=184850.msg287328#msg287328 date=1282694369]

[/quote]

You sure did miss the point of his post. You quoted stoodamire.
[/quote]

lol

Sorry Susan and Stoodamire.

A few good comments there from Des. Brett will add so much when he comes back, looking forward to next year. At the moment it feels like we can win, but we have to really struggle to do it, hopefully next year it will come more easily.

Mose Masoe scares me this weekend, he is bloody destructive

Carney getting a step outside some of our defenders and going through concerns me a bit as well.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Mose Masoe scares me this weekend, he is bloody destructive

Carney getting a step outside some of our defenders and going through concerns me a bit as well.

didn't he screw his arm or elbow on Monday?

He went off injured but came back in the second half. 1 thing I know is that if I saw him coming at me I would be running the other way !!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7