News: Foran drops booze sessions for career

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>KIERAN Foran says it hit him in the pre-season. The Manly five-eighth sat down one day and realised he needed to make some changes.</p>

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/5454-foran-drops-booze-sessions-for-career.html">Read the full article</a>

and with any luck this will inspire a few other of the young brigade follow suit such as t rex.

This young man has star quality. I met him at the Gold Coast last year and found him to be very down to earth and professional for such a young bloke. In Keiran Foran this club has an ace which can surely be a huge help in securing major sponsorships in the near future. We will be guaranteed plenty of positive publicity as his career unfolds.

It is amazing how many times a player hits form and then comes out and says he gave up (or cut back on) the booze.  It obviously makes a big difference.

You really do have to admire that sort of maturity at such a young age, I think Kieran and many young footie players do a great job under enormous public scrutiny.

its always good to hear but its being able to stay on the wagon for a long time thats important ,not giving in if you have a bad game or get injured etc ,i hope he has the toughness off the field aswell ,good on him for trying !

Andrew Johns sees him becoming the best in the world, Sterlo thinks he's currently the best young player in the NRL, and still some here don't rate him. 

Rex link said:
Andrew Johns sees him becoming the best in the world, Sterlo thinks he's currently the best young player in the NRL, and still some here don't rate him. 

I have a feeling his name for Manly will be right up there with Gibbsy,Des,Tooves and Cliffy. Certainly showed some championship leadrship qualities last week. Keep it up Kieran.

Whatever works for him is good. As long as it doesn't make him bored & disinterested.

Getting stuck in has never hurt Joey or JT's form.

Shows how mature this kid is and mabye others in the team should do the same and I'm just not talking about the young blokes.

How much is he paying for the Dally M award. I am sure it would be a good bet this year. He should be on 3 points already.

Guess who the next Manly player involved in a boozy incident will be?

Always seems to happen when something like this is published about a player. 

If Kieran ever doubts doing everything he can to help him be the best he need only visit any local club on a friday night and ask the blokes sitting at the bar.  They'll all have a story about how good they could have been if they didn't drink/party away their career and now they have to work for 60 hours a week to feed the kids.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2