News: Enough is enough, declares Gallop

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jatz Crackers

First Grader
<p>NRL chief executive David Gallop has declared “enough is enough” in the war of words between the NRL and Manly, over the leagues handling of former face of the game Brett Stewart’s punishment in 2009.

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/5407-enough-is-enough-declares-gallop.html">Read the full article</a>

No doubt that the Goose gets my 'idiot effort of the month' award. If the CEOs making up the IC can't see the type of person they are inviting in to continue to destroy the game then there is no hope.

I smell blood.  He knows he can't keep up his ridiculous argument going for much longer.

I hope this doesn't backfire on us

What a cowardly little ****,i hope he dies soon
No really,i hope he gets something nasty like
spontanious human combustion or flesh eating virus

I will remind everyone that due to the terms of service you all agree to, you are responsible for everything you post and any consequences

Which report is he referring too?

Is there one from the club that states Brett was intoxicated and asked to leave the Wharf bar?

What's he going to do? Ban Hasler for 4 weeks. He's had enough because he's been caught out and most people support Manly's

Give us the 100k back and apologise. I know it won't happen because it will be an admission of guilt.

If des is going to be on the footy show this week then he should publicly challenge Gallop to go on the show and debate the issue.  

The issue with Gallop is consistancy in dealing with issues.  

Brett was a cleanskin until some girl made false accusations about him.  The court hearing proved that he wasn't drunk and didn't do anything wrong.

Carney is a serial offender and should have been suspended.  Marshall wasn't hit by the other person and therefore didn't need to throw a punch as he didn't have to defend himself.  He hit someone who said a few words to him.  Big deal happens every day to plenty of other people.  He should have been suspended as well.

swoop link said:
What's he going to do? Ban Hasler for 4 weeks. He's had enough because he's been caught out and most people support Manly's

Give us the 100k back and apologise. I know it won't happen because it will be an admission of guilt.

They know if they say they stuffed up it will open to door to Manly getting 100k back and Brett taking them to the cleaners .
If i was Gallop i would have been straight on the phone to Brett after the court case to clear the air . It would appear that only roosters players are capable of getting an audience with the dictator of the NRL.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1299642674[/time]

swoop link said:

They know if they say they stuffed up it will open to door to Manly getting 100k back and Brett taking them to the cleaners .
If i was Gallop i would have been straight on the phone to Brett after the court case to clear the air . It would appear that only roosters players are capable of getting an audience with the dictator of the NRL.

Since I was listening to it and posted a topic about it. This song feels somewhat pertinent....well at least the chorus, the rest is far deeper, but the story, not behind the song, but the story the song tells certainly is

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_ndC07C2qw[/youtube]

We should all turn up to the first game at Brookie with tshirts and banners saying "Enough is Enough... Resign Now Gallop!".

Gallop released a press statement saying that he was ignoring Manly's plea? Would it not have been more effective to actually just ignore the plea, rather then comment about it?

Funny thing is that I think this must really be eating at him, I don't remember any club exerting this kind  of pressure on the CEO ever. Even the Storm couldn't with their complaints over the salary cap drama.

This is why smart CEO's have hatchet men to do the discipline work for them, then when it falls down on consistency grounds you sack the guy and replace him with some new guy who is exactly the same... Gallop is an idiot if only for dealing with this himself, and I hope it costs him his job.

Probably better with just "enough is enough Gallop"

Just us his words against him without other demands, play safe, play smart

Let's not forget that one of the main reasons the NRL intervened and imposed such large penalties was because they were at loggerheads with the Manly Board about how the situation should be handled.  The Manly Board, fractured as they were, advocated the situation eb handled IN EXACTLY THE SAME MANNER THE NRL IS NOW HANDLING THE MARSHALL SITUATION.

Who is the winner out of this.....not Gallop and certainly not Manly...whilst I understand everyone's issues (and have them myself as well) what is all this proving?? and what will all this do to our on field performance??

Will we achieve a Gallop resignation....I doubt it.

Will Gallop back down....I doubt it.

We've made our point and from here I'd just like to move on and let the football do the talking.

Dan link said:
Probably better with just \"enough is enough Gallop\"

Just us his words against him without other demands, play safe, play smart

Slip Slop Slap

Slipped up

Sloppy handling

Slap some sense

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6