News: Eagle's swoop on Bears' lair

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>INNOVATIVE Manly CEO Grant Mayer will present an elaborate plan to take over the Bears territory at a Sea Eagles board meeting on Wednesday night. The Manly Daily understands the Sea Eagles have approached the NSW Rugby League about extending their boundaries to encompass the old Bears’ region. </p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/Sea-Eagles/eagles-swoop-on-bears-lair.html">Read the full article</a>

The Bears want to have their cake and eat it too.  Does the NRL birthday cake go to those invited to the NRL birthday party first or to those invited to another party?

If they secure this, Bears fans (both of them) will have another conspiracy story about Manly to whinge about for the next ten years or so.

Yes please.

The real issue here is junior clubs that at the moment don't have much momentum in the area. Rugby is much more organised, with Parramatta (the Hills part of the North West), Eastwood, Norths plus Warringah and Manly covering this territory. A relationship between the juniors and a pathway into rep footy might be helpful.

In the end people will follow the teams they always have but someone needs to pick up the slack. Florimo will spew when he finally makes a comment.

Maybe not but they would expect to keep the good ones, right?

Personally, I love it. Anyone north of the bridge should want to play for Manly. We'd be starting to have a strong junior development that isn't reliant on bringing Kiwis and Queenslanders across (although that has been working very well for us as well).

The North Sydney Bears are dead.  They want to be the Central Coast Bears.  That's all fine, so they can't whinge at this. 

It would be funny though - they still want to play 2 games at Nth Sydney Oval if they make it in, but if that becomes a part of Manly territory...haha!
That would mean we'd have the largest area too in Sydney right?  Thankfully, the North Shore Sea Eagles sounds terrible lol

Funny thing is the grand finals last year in the juniors were played at brookie, including Asquith and Berowra so really this is just making it official.

Second to that Berowra should have always been part of Manly we wore the right colours of maroon and white.

Duff link said:
Norths juniors have been in our comp for years.

Have Manly not noticed this?

I think it's more a move of making the area officially Sea Eagles territory.

Also to rile up the bears.

Both are valid reasons  :D

eggson link said:
Thankfully, the North Shore Sea Eagles sounds terrible lol

I suppose if we had to (and not that I'd want it to be), we could just become the "Sea Eagles" (although I think that we would always call out "Manly! ! ! Manly! ! ! Manly! ! !" at the games).

Based on Mayer's business plan Manly can have the lower north shore but then they will have to give up the central coast and its juniors.  I kinow which area I would ofere to have.  Manly would lose a third of the toyota cup team who are cc juniors. 

Florimo is "living in a Bears' wonderland" haha :)

BEARS’ boss Greg Florimo has slammed the door shut on Manly’s attempts to take over their vast region.

Florimo was emphatic in his response to The Manly Daily’s story yesterday about Sea Eagles CEO Grant Mayer wanting to take over North Sydney’s territory. With the Bears eyeing off a move to the Central Coast, Mayer wants to put a proposal forward to the NSW Rugby League about taking control of Norths’ old hunting ground.

“They can put together as many proposals as they like, that’s our area and we are not going anywhere,” Florimo said yesterday. “We have catered to that area for the past 100 years and nothing is going to change.”

Mayer pitched his idea to the Sea Eagles’ board last night for approval. The Bears’ boundary extends to Brooklyn in the north, down to the Sydney Harbour Bridge.

Why do they have any 'territory' anyway?  Aren't they Souths juniors who theoretically have their own area?  Norths aren't in the NRL so they shouldn't count when the country is divided up.  Do Ryde/Eastwood have 'territory'?  Norths are dusted so who cares.  Just go ahead and grab for mine. 

DSM5 link said:
Why do they have any 'territory' anyway?  Aren't they Souths juniors who theoretically have their own area?  Norths aren't in the NRL so they shouldn't count when the country is divided up.  Do Ryde/Eastwood have 'territory'?  Norths are dusted so who cares.  Just go ahead and grab for mine. 

You are right. Who ended up with Newtown's territory when they folded?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6