News: David Gallop offers Brett Stewart a chance

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>ON the verge of his return to the NRL, Manly fullback Brett Stewart has again been offered an olive branch by league boss David Gallop in an attempt to resolve their differences.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/Sea-Eagles/david-gallop-offers-brett-stewart-a-chance.html">Read the full article</a>

That article made me so angry.

F**k you Gallop. You can answer to the fans too, because you have let them down as well. But my ears wont be open and your last day as the CEO of the NRL will be a day of celebration in my household.

Brett should well and truly shut his ears to Gallop. Go about his business and give Gallop all the acknowledgment he deserves......NONE!

hurry up and fade away Gallop, you are ruining our game you worm

The only positive is that there doesn't appear to be any known grounds for extending the ban. Here's hoping that the court hearing is all quiet today.

ManlyBacker link said:
The only positive is that there doesn't appear to be any known grounds for extending the ban. Here's hoping that the court hearing is all quiet today.

If you read it carefully he tip-toed around that, with "At this stage"

You watch if Brett Snubs him I bet there will all of a sudden be another reason to extend the ban

Dan link said:
That article made me so angry.

F**k you Gallop. You can answer to the fans too, because you have let them down as well. But my ears wont be open and your last day as the CEO of the NRL will be a day of celebration in my household.

Brett should well and truly shut his ears to Gallop. Go about his business and give Gallop all the acknowledgment he deserves......NONE!

hurry up and fade away Gallop, you are ruining our game you worm

Dan, they're my thoughts exactly.

I'm 100% with Stewart and his family on choosing not to talk to Gallop. If Brett was my partner (the preferred option), brother, or son, there's no way I'd want to communicate with the wanker who so publicly threw a previously clean-skinned kid to the wolves.

Gallop should have banned Brett for only two weeks not 4. 

If I was Brett I know where I would stick the olive branch so gallop would be ****ting olives for the next 10 years

so no way at all it will get thrown out today for lack of evidence.. will it just be readjourned for next month or after the season? Sorry i got no idea about law.

Sort of like the thief who defrauded and spent half your life savings, offering you an "olive branch" if you come and have a few beers. "Oh,  and give me the rest of your life savings, mate, and I'll help you invest it".

Cows don't become leopards when they parade the stolen leopard pelt.  

Weasels stay weasels after taping dove wings to their slimy shoulders.

tookey link said:
Gallop should have banned Brett for only two weeks not 4. 

If I was Brett I know where I would stick the olive branch so gallop would be S**tting olives for the next 10 years

What Gallop has done by instilling certain weeks to one person, different weeks to another, is the fact that he has broken anti-discrimination law.

I can't fathom why the media hasn't jumped all over this, except for the fact that I believe 95% of them are ****ing criminals in the 1st place themselves, or they are just too retarded to realize.

Whatever reporter jumped on that, and followed it through like they did with their attempted lynching of Brett, may actually have a bit of creative verse for a change.

But it's thinking outside the box - so forget about it.

This is the bit from that article that makes my blood boil.

"I did offer a few weeks ago to meet him if he wished to hear a first-hand explanation of how we viewed things. He hasn't taken that up and that is really his call."

Well gallop:

Did you calmly address the situation at the beginning?
Did you make arrangements to meet and explain the NRLs position to Brett & his family when you chose to act to ban him before you knew the facts of the matter ?
Did you have the foresight to not over react & ensure that the course of action taken by the NRL was fair to all concerned parties ?
Do you have enough gonads or brains to run the NRL ?

I know the answer and its the same for all those questions.

Ryan link said:
What Gallop has done by instilling certain weeks to one person, different weeks to another, is the fact that he has broken anti-discrimination law.
Not discrimination by law unless the disadvantageous differential treatment can be proven to be based on certain legislated characteristics - race, religion, sex, age, disability ...

Ryan link said:
I can't fathom why the media hasn't jumped all over this

The media love Gallop doing his fumbling Gallopisms.  Long history as News Ltd stooge aside; through his massive over-reaction, he has manufactured an environment where media are virtually guaranteed to have a permanent flow of scandals to beat up. Virtually week-in, week-out. All requiring reporting.  All controversial. By legitimising the society role-model theory, Gallop has provided the permanent fuel pipeline to keep these stories burning, damaging league's credibility every single week.

Rex link said:
Cows don't become leopards when they parade the stolen leopard pelt.  

Weasels stay weasels after taping dove wings to their slimy shoulders.

Your meds are way better than mine. PM me your doctor :)

The media especially LOVE the 4 week suspension of Stewart, because the suspension was for nothing more than reportedly having a few drinks and being asked to leave a pub (oh and being high profile).

Do you get how SIGNIFICANT that stance is? The precedent Gallop has set in concrete?

This puts the power entirely in the media's hands.  If they can beat up a story sufficiently, they know Gallop will be forced to re-act - and in doing so to legitimise the beat-up. It doesn't even matter any more whether the player has done anything illegal, or socially unacceptable for the mass populace.  The only requirement is that a story can be beat up.  

This is absolutely GOLD to the media.  And POISON to the game.

Well Gallop how about you show up to Brooky on Sunday and explain to me and the many thousands that will also be there the reasoning for your persecution of Brett.

Of course you won't , but my invitation still stands.

dceagle link said:
Well Gallop how about you show up to Brooky on Sunday and explain to me and the many thousands that will also be there the reasoning for your persecution of Brett.

Of course you won't , but my invitation still stands.

I would think him one of the bravest men in the world to turn up at Brookie oval anytime within the next few  weeks

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6