News: Central Qld NRL bid gains speed

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p class="first">The group behind a push for a central Queensland rugby league team says it has almost finalised the bid team.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4343-central-qld-nrl-bid-gains-speed.html">Read the full article</a>

Anything that keeps those stinking Bears out of the comp I will support whole heartidly

There isnt anything up there FFS

I would say the sunshine coast would have a better chance and a better bid really

clontaago link said:
I stumbled across a Bears Jersey with a few signatures on it the other day. Any takers?

I would love to wipe my arse with a bears jumper, however that is far too good for it.

Dan link said:
There isnt anything up there FFS

I would say the sunshine coast would have a better chance and a better bid really

yeah there is Dan, Central Qld is hot right now :)

The Wheel link said:
[quote author=clontaago link=topic=181932.msg244672#msg244672 date=1256078912]
I stumbled across a Bears Jersey with a few signatures on it the other day. Any takers?

I would love to wipe my arse with a bears jumper, however that is far too good for it.
[/quote]

Wheel your arse is too busy being shoved up against the window of Hungry jacks at Manly to be used on a bears jumper.

The central coast is more deserving of a team in the NRL as it covers the area from north sydney right up to north central coast.  Many more juniors than central qld.

Plus they have a ready made stadium to be used as well so now new infrastructure required.    

its still a **** location, nothing can change that fact!

tookey link said:
The central coast is more deserving of a team in the NRL as it covers the area from north sydney right up to north central coast. 

You old bears are always good for a laugh :p
The CC would start somewhere from the Hawkesbury Bridge!!!

ManlyBacker link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=181932.msg244690#msg244690 date=1256096542]
The central coast is more deserving of a team in the NRL as it covers the area from north sydney right up to north central coast. 

You old bears are always good for a laugh :p
The CC would start somewhere from the Hawkesbury Bridge!!!
[/quote]

Their area would start from north of the harbour bridge and would include the current north sydney district which also includes out to Pennant Hills.  It would be a huge area. 

Dan link said:
its still a S**t location, nothing can change that fact!

i'm with you there Dan, i've got a Brother lives there. We don't visit very often without a good reason :)

clontaago link said:

Whose signatures?  Wheel has been looking for the past 20 years for a norths jersey signed by his all time heros Dari Kovai, Doug Rollerson and Mal McLachlan.  Even more if is also signed by the Mayoh brothers and scott and Brett Gale.

E-bay would be the best bet.  There is one on there currently bidding $102  http://cgi.ebay.com.au/North-Sydney-Bears-Jersey_W0QQitemZ280409835957QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_NRL_Rugby_League_Merchandise?hash=item4149ba89b5

Fro link said:
Rockhampton has a stadium that is not far off the level required..

The main footy ground is Browne Park. It can only hold about 5000 people and has no corporate facilities.

I don't think that Rocky has the business wealth to support a team with sponsors. The Sunny Coast has more potential.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2