NEWS: Buhrer’s back in top form for Sea Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Buhrer’s back in top form for Sea Eagles

Andrew Prentice, Manly Daily
July 27, 2016 5:21pm

AS THE Sea Eagles continue to make late strides towards the NRL top eight, one of their unsung heroes has been Jamie Buhrer.

Not bad for a bloke who was seemingly on the outer following a succession of frustrating injuries.

Click here to read the full Manly Daily article at dailytelegrah.com.au

Good on ya Ferris............!! :clap:

One of my favourite players, he is not egotistical or a smart ass like so many NRL players these days. He is a nice kid, is an incredibly hard worker and gives his all. And it is great to see that he is being recognised for his efforts. Ferris is a Manly man and definitely has the Manly spirit.

Here is a good story about him from 2011........
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...it-to-manlys-broncos-bout-20110903-1jrdr.html

Some random info: Jamie B and I, both have black belts in Karate in the same style and were taught by the same Sensei (at different times though) and we both love Manly....! ;)

Last edited:
Love the bloke, anyone know if he is still on the chopping block? I would think not given Mateo never saw grade and he was also shopped around.

And was I reading that he was being considered for the Gutherson hurl as well? I hope it was just paper talk many months ago because if true, the recruitment personnel in this club sometimes dont seem to have a clue. No one else doubted his qualities.

Not really news to anyone who has been watching lately but Jamie B is in great form and the knees look to be holding up well as his trademark step at the line to beat the first defender is back.

I'm very happy he's going well. Happy for him that injuries may have all been sorted and Trent likes him.

Hope he's around Manly for some time yet.

unnamed (1).jpg

:inlove:

Great to see Jamie back and playing as strongly as ever after all his injuries.

He should be Manly's captain next year.

Great to see Jamie back and playing as strongly as ever after all his injuries.

He should be Manly's captain next year.

The next Captain, will be an interesting tussle. DCE is in the right position for a captain, Jake has already been given a taste and therefore must be a forerunner, Buhrer would make a fine captain leading by example. Then, but dont shout me down, they may even look at Miles, given his rep experience and because he seems in favour. It will be an interesting contest. Maybe we should be taking bets. I have Jake as favourite at this stage.

The next Captain, will be an interesting tussle. DCE is in the right position for a captain, Jake has already been given a taste and therefore must be a forerunner, Buhrer would make a fine captain leading by example. Then, but dont shout me down, they may even look at Miles, given his rep experience and because he seems in favour. It will be an interesting contest. Maybe we should be taking bets. I have Jake as favourite at this stage.
But Jake might have got the jump on him because of Jamie's injuries this year. Jamie was the under 20"s captain and plays the full 80 minutes so if he can stay uninjured then he might be a better fit for the job. Plus Jamie has more expensive than Jake. And he has the same first name as our current great leader ;)

Remember that "tough love" a few blokes here wanted to give Tom T the other night? Well this pic looks like Tommy might be thinking of giving a bit of that same love to Ferris! LOL!!!

jamie.jpg

Jamie is a bloody legend and should be made captain next year. And piss off Laurie Daley, Jamie is always too crook for SOO!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7