News: Brookie funding: ref's call

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I would have thought Manly may have made an approach by not. Surely this our best opportunity to plead our case, with Annesley very much aware of the current inadequacies of Brookvale Oval.

Come on Manly, forget the past and get onto this ASAP.

Spuds Bodyguard said:
I would have thought Manly may have made an approach by not. Surely this our best opportunity to plead our case, with Annesley very much aware of the current inadequacies of Brookvale Oval.

Problem is that it is the council who are responsible for making the approach not the club.

Who cares who is responsible? The club should be lobbying and making approaches regardless.

Rusty said:
Spuds Bodyguard said:

Problem is that it is the council who are responsible for making the approach not the club.

That may be the case, but they would look like the bunch of tools that they are if the funding was available due to Manly lobbying for it and they keep on resisting it.

Can you imagine the backlash against council if say 20 Million was granted for the re-development of Brooky and they knocked it back?

ads said:
Who cares who is responsible? The club should be lobbying and making approaches regardless.

The article says he has yet to have a 'Formal' approach. I am sure lobbying and the like started long ago, hence why its even in the news. The way government funding works the formal approach must come from the council - that's how it works.

As a club we can talk to people, suggest ideas, lobby all we like - until the council makes a 'Formal' request for funding with a plan attached, then we will get nothing. This is the problem we had last government, 2 years no movement by the council - they are just not interested.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6