News: Brett Stewart will play

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
<p>MANLY early this morning rejected the advice of NRL boss David Gallop and announced besieged fullback Brett Stewart would play in the opening round of the premiership this weekend. After a marathon five-hour emergency meeting and a passionate plea from coach Des Hasler, Manly's board point-blank ignored Gallop, who spoke on loudspeaker for 25 minutes, trying to convince them Stewart should stand down. The meeting came just hours after Stewart was charged at Dee Why police station with the sexual assault of a 17-year-old girl.</p><p> Three hours into the meeting, the seven-man board agreed to let Stewart play and even drafted a press release, which was to be sent to the media at 10.15pm. But Gallop stepped in at the last minute and made it abundantly clear he felt the Test star should be stood down. Even as late as 11pm, Gallop was holding talks with Manly officials about their contentious decision. Directors then re-convened and discussed the matter until 1am. Hasler had earlier spoken at the meeting, slamming his fists on the desk demanding Stewart be allowed to play. He had left the meeting thinking Stewart was playing. Hasler was said to be furious when later told the board was considering reversing its decision after he had left the meeting. </p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/Sea-Eagles/brett-stewart-will-play.html">Read the full article</a>

double standards dave can go and get ****ed

was he on the phone to the warriors board demanding crocket be stood down, was he on the phone to the titans board or the national selectors demanding lafranchi be stood down.

NO

he is supposed to be a solictor wouldnt he then know that in this country someone is innocent until proven guilty.

reactional twat.
**** off back to news ltd u know nothing about our sport.

Gallop is a muppet, I can't believe what a 5 Star hypocite that moron is.

Good on the board and especially Des for backing Brett. If the kid wants to play he should be able to play.

Well according to ABC news this morning he will be playing.

I don't prescribe the theories of not playing being an admission of guilt, or not doing standing him down unless we are forced to.

We had a reputation of being the cleanest club in the league, standing him down, something that would be over and above what other clubs would do, is what should be expected of a club in that position.

We haven't done it and so rightfully we cant expect to be seen as the clean club anymore. 

Yes but how long do we stand him down for ?? The case might take 12 months or more to come before the courts, do we stand him down for that whole time ?? It's all very well to adopt some moral high ground but the wheels of justice move slowly, and then if he is not guilty where does that leave us......a season of opportunities for us and Brett gone. Standing him down for one or two games is just hypocrisy, he is either guilty or innocent, we shouldn't pander to morons like Gallop and his ilk. The precedent has been well and truly set in 4 high profile cases, incidentally all of which never resulted in a conviction for the players involved.

The mental strength and clarity of Hasler in this situation points to why we won the premiership by a record margin last year and were this year the first Aussie team to become world champions on English soil.

Gallop is irrelevant.

Good on Des and good on the Board.  You all know my thoughts on Gallop.  He's a hack solicitor who got the job because of his New Ltd connections.  Not through any talent.  I hate the guy.  For Des to slam his fist down shows the depth of his commitment.  We'll crush the Dogs.  Be there!

DSM5 well said one applaud sent your way mate. Bloody good on Des his passion and love of the Sea Eagles clearly shows.

[img=293x400]http://i40.tinypic.com/520wao.jpg[/img]
dvjcet.jpg

DSM5 link said:
Good on Des and good on the Board.  You all know my thoughts on Gallop.  He's a hack solicitor who got the job because of his New Ltd connections.  Not through any talent.  I hate the guy.  For Des to slam his fist down shows the depth of his commitment.  We'll crush the Dogs.  Be there!
can you shut up and stop making so much sense
im starting to think your alright

and thats not on sunshine

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8