News: Brett Stewart most potent No.1 in history

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
<div class="article-header"> <div class="article-media"><div class="media-caption"> </div> Strikerate ... Brett Stewart crosses for the first of three tries on Sunday. Photograph: Mark Evans / The Daily Telegraph

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/Sea-Eagles/brett-stewart-most-potent-no1-in-history.html">Read the full article</a>

On that weekend performance there is no way that NSW wouldn't use Brett in the starting line up. Or will they? Maybe Bellyache and pressure from Gallop will result in other ideas? Qld by 3-0 is my tip.

Is there currently a better fullback running around for NSW?

Gidley is no where near in the league of Stewart

Dan link said:
Is there currently a better fullback running around for NSW?

Gidley is no where near in the league of Stewart
That bear loving ****wit Andrew Moore said on 2gb sunday nite
that he thinks Slatter should get the aussie gig and giddley the nsw gig.

All this talk of Giddley getting the captaincy worries me about snake getting a run.

Gidley could go in at 5/8 I wouldnt be mortified with that decision, because our other 5/8 options are pretty slim, but no way he is a better fullback than brett stewart its a simple fact.

However I think the Fullback will depend on who is selected in the halves. The NSW selecters this year would probably be cautious and select based on club ties and form because of the understanding and plays already in place

Surely a Wallace/Campese Halves combo would be the best option (not even bothering to include Ox in these discussions these days...) Snake for FB, Gidley off the bench.

Crusher_Cleal link said:
Surely a Wallace/Campese Halves combo would be the best option (not even bothering to include Ox in these discussions these days...) Snake for FB, Gidley off the bench.

i think that would probably be the best combo as well. I dont know that wallace is the best but he has proven himself last year

It's all a smokescreen, Stewart won't even get picked in the 17 imo because Bellamy doesn't rate him. He had Brett on the bench for game 3 last year.

They'll pick him in the squad but he won't get a start which would also make him unavailable for Manly.

Call me cynical but after the treatment he's copped so far nothing would surprise me.

1. Gidley
6. Campese
7. Wallace
9. Farah

Works out perfect... we get stewart and this is probably the best combo WITHOUT stewart in it. It is quite obviously stronger with him in it but stuff em if they don't want him.. more for us!

Warren Ryan said he would put Gidley in 1 and bring Stewart off the bench at some stage to inject himself into the game. Would be a waste but it wouldn't surprise me if that is how it happened.

doesnt make sence as stewart is the better fullback and gidley is by far and away the better utility player

Stewart is not an impact bench player. He plays 80 minutes, play him for less and out of position and he isnt the same player

Last year in the decider they picked Gidley as fullback, but he actually played all but the last 5 minutes as a 5/8th in attack.  Mind you, given that Anasta was wearing the number 6, they desperately needed someone who could play that position in attack.

swoop - I hope your wrong mate i really do forget the best FB, in Australia crap Brett Stewart is the best FB in the world IMO.

Slater is a good FB, but he doesn't play with heart like Brett does.

It's not just his speed to burn he reads the game very well he sees holes on and behind the oppositions defence line and the way he slices through at speed and at angles just pure Gold he is a true champion i just hope he stays a one club player i couldn't stand it if we lost him like we did Beaver.

eagle_predator link said:
swoop - I hope your wrong mate i really do forget the best FB, in Australia crap Brett Stewart is the best FB in the world IMO.

It's not just his speed to burn he reads the game very well he sees holes on and behind the oppositions defence line and the way he slices through at speed and at angles just pure Gold he is a true champion i just hope he stays a one club player i couldn't stand it if we lost him like we did Beaver.

Last year in game 3 Bellamy started with Gidley and Stewart on the bench. Brett has played one game, sure he scored three tries, but would that change the coach's mind? I doubt it, either Brett gets picked at no1 and play 80mins or he shouldn't be picked at all. He'd be wasted on the bench.

swoop link said:
[quote author=eagle_predator link=topic=180103.msg219080#msg219080 date=1239680443]

Last year in game 3 Bellamy started with Gidley and Stewart on the bench. Brett has played one game, sure he scored three tries, but would that change the coach's mind? I doubt it, either Brett gets picked at no1 and play 80mins or he shouldn't be picked at all. He'd be wasted on the bench.
[/quote]

Bellamy was widely hounded for that decision as well. Worst Origin decision ever I would say.

Dan link said:
[quote author=swoop link=topic=180103.msg219102#msg219102 date=1239688305]
[quote author=eagle_predator link=topic=180103.msg219080#msg219080 date=1239680443]

[/quote]

Bellamy was widely hounded for that decision as well. Worst Origin decision ever I would say.
[/quote]

I reckon Bellamy rates Gidley over Brett, or just maybe the 40-0 drubbing in the GF has changed his mind. I don't trust the bastard.

Though Brett didn't score a try so may not have blippe don bellamy's radar, it's more likely they aime da lot of defense at Brett though and Des worked around that assumption in the lead up

Canteen Worker link said:
Warren Ryan said he would put Gidley in 1 and bring Stewart off the bench at some stage to inject himself into the game. Would be a waste but it wouldn't surprise me if that is how it happened.

That's what they did in the last game last year and I believe that is what cost them the game.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6