News: Breaking news - Orford quits Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>MATT Orford has quit the Manly Sea Eagles. He has signed a three-year with the Bradford Bulls worth $500,000 a season.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4378-breaking-news-orford-quits-manly.html">Read the full article</a>

Well DSM must be dancing in the street, just be aware that replacing him will not be so easy and 2010 ,ight be a struggle for us.

Hopefully this will allow us to retain players like Foran/Choc/Gift etc

This is not quite up with Dale Shearer walking out on us, but I don't have a good taste as a result of Ox's decision. Who knows where we could have been with the possibility of signing Burgess and others if he hadn't strung the club along for almost the whole year. As Wheel says it should enable the club to close out existing player contracts and look ahead.

I think this is exciting news. I really do feel like its time for a change in our halves, and look forward to throwing 2 young ones in the deep end next year.

Ryan, its YART time man!!

I am somewhat excited as well.  It had to happen in the next 2 years and this just forced our hand.  Not upset by it but our premiership chances in 2010 have taken a large hit imo.  Although some will say they have improved.  Hoping Hodkinson is all that he is cracked up to be. 

Douggie - I'd change things right up:-

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. William Hopoate
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams
06. Keiran Foran
07. Trent Hodgkinson
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. George Rose
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Shane Rodney
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Terrence Seu Seu
15. Brent Kite
16. Josh Perry
17. Joe Galuvao

Cant agree with people saying we will struggle in 2010. We were going to struggle anyway we need new blood in the team.
Id rather finish 8th next year and be moving forward, than finish 4th with ox in the team and have no chance winning the comp

Lets look towards the future and stop reliving 2008.

Here is the full NRL squad for any further YARTS

Full Squad
CHRIS BAILEY
MATT BALLIN
JAMIE BUHRER
DALY CHERRY-EVANS
MATT CROSS
BEN FARRAR
KIERAN FORAN
JOE GALUVAO
JOHN GREY
TRENT HODKINSON
WILL HOPOATE
JASON KING
BRENT KITE
DARCY LUSSICK
JAMIE LYON
STEVE MATAI
VIC MAURO
PHIL MORWOOD
JUNIOR PALAU
JOSH PERRY
MICHAEL ROBERTSON
SHANE RODNEY
GEORGE ROSE
TERENCE SEU SUE
BRETT STEWART
GLENN STEWART
ANTHONY WATMOUGH
DEAN WHARE
DAVID WILLIAMS
TONY WILLIAMS

Hodgkinson and Foran will do fine so long as our forwards pull their heads in. Though it's a sub standard competition it's good for us that Trent has tasted success in the QLD cup at half. Foran has showed good potential for support play and his defence was a major talking point.

These two will give the backline an enthusiastic and rejuvenated feel. Melbourne didn't suffer when they lost Orford and had a baby faced Cooper Cronk to replace him. They went on to make four consecutive grand finals.

clontaago link said:
I think this is exciting news. I really do feel like its time for a change in our halves, and look forward to throwing 2 young ones in the deep end next year.

Ryan, its YART time man!!

i feel teh same way

Last year was such a downer knowing how far below our best we were next year its all about looking to see how good these 2 will get.

Foran and Trent will have the Stewart brothers, Lyon (playing centre but chiming in as 5/8th at times) and Ballin around to support them, we will be fine i reckon.

Looking at the full squad we still have excellent depth.

Some of the names that may struggle/compete to hold down a spot include:

D Williams
Farrar
Bailey
Cross
Rodney
Kite

The only areas we really struggle for depth is front row and halves. Lets hope we dont lose any players to injury in those positions.

I will happily take all your smite for this......

Good riddance. **** off you ****ing twat!

Yes you could have stayed at Manly but obviously you didn't want to. You're a super guy for leaving the club and fans hanging on for weeks.

I hope the Bradford forwards like being yelled at by a half back who goes walkabout mid game!

Oh and don't worry Matt we'll still give you a pasting after every game, things won't change.
Ahhh the beauty of Foxtel.

Now for love of God can someone get a message to the powers that be we DO NOT NEED another old man halfback. Manly, we need to look to the future.

I don't think we are struggling for depth in the front row:

Kite
Perry
Rose
King
Gulavao
Cross

Plenty of experience their, who else has a better pack of front row forwards?

Hodkinson and Foran are both strong defenders, i am wondering if Foran will start in the 7 and Lyon will play 6 until Foran gets some more experience. Or will Hodkinson get thrown straight in?

I'd like to see Hodkinson get a run straight away.

1. Stewart
2. Robertson
3. Lyon
4. Matai
5. D Williams
6. Foran
7. Hodkinson
8. King
9. Balin
10. Perry
11. Watmough
12. Bailey
13. Stewart

14. Seu Seu
15. Kite
16. Rose
17. Rodney

T Williams, Gulavao, Farrar.

Still a great squad. We will need to be patient with the halves though.

ConcernedSupporter link said:
I will happily take all your smite for this......

Good riddance. **** off you ****ing twat!

Yes you could have stayed at Manly but obviously you didn't want to. You're a super guy for leaving the club and fans hanging on for weeks.

I hope the Bradford forwards like being yelled at by a half back who goes walkabout mid game!

Oh and don't worry Matt we'll still give you a pasting after every game, things won't change.
Ahhh the beauty of Foxtel.

Now for love of God can someone get a message to the powers that be we DO NOT NEED another old man halfback. Manly, we need to look to the future.

Cool your jets gimp features.

I am dirty at Orford for dragging it on so long, though cant say I blame him for going.

I think new blood was something we needed this year as you are all aware. I don't know whether Hodkinson will be the messiah Matty was, but a change is as good as a holiday and even if we dont go as well this year, I can probably enjoy my footy more because the results wont be as hard to take. We wont be expecting to wipe the floor with every team and we wont expect to lose every game, it's going to be good

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6