News: Blitz on rules has to go the distance

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>NEW referees boss Bill Harrigan has set NRL whistle blowers the monumental task of policing every line drop-out and kick-off in every match until October.</p>

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/5433-blitz-on-rules-has-to-go-the-distance.html">Read the full article</a>

I see Manly is continuing their efforts in ensuring good relationships with all parts of RL officialdom. And funnily Zorb, you are whinging when raising the DCE drop-out penalty. It wasn't pedantic and every team was reminded multiple times. No one likes us....

Who watches the players behind the ref at the goal line dropouts?If one ref is watching the kicker,and one is with the defense,and the 2 touchies are watching for the ball going out,what's to stop attacking teams "creeping" when the dropout's being taken?The ref in the Manly penalty was right on the spot,watching DCE's drop of the ball,so noone was watching the attackers on the goal-line behind him.

I thought the standard of refereeing was surprisingly high last weekend

IMO Zorba is totally out of line in complaining about the DCE penalty.  It was DCE's fault, he was clearly warned and he clearly deserved to be pinged, pure and simple.  If Zorba picked up four occasions when penalties weren't given for something similar, then THAT is the point he should focus on - consistency.  And better for it to be a please explain behind closed door. Only if Harrigan didn't adequately respond should Peters consider making the point publicly.

Standing up for a player clearly and significantly wronged (Stewart) is different to standing up for a player clearly in the wrong (DCE).

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4