News: Bears will keep banging on the NRL door

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>CENTRAL COAST chief executive Greg Florimo says his organisation will refuse to let talk of delayed NRL expansion plans take the wind out of its sails and he hopes to soon find out from league boss David Gallop where the Bears stand.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4429-bears-will-keep-banging-on-the-nrl-door.html">Read the full article</a>

Agree with BE, even 2017 is far too soon was those North Sydney grubs to return - try 3017

there bears can rot in hell
nothing but opportunist leeches
if they got in and there was a chance to redevelop bear park and move back to sydney they would do it in flash

dirty scumbag cretins.

they  deserve to be dead.

Here come the bears.

Stand aside here comes the mighty bears. 

they need to follow the Titans model.

Any new team needs to take that blueprint and follow it to a tee......well all apart from getting in a legal stoush about the name

They should a have a bear shooting season every year like Duck Hunting - as there are no bears in Oz we could put North Sydney supporters in the Cross hairs.

Ryan & Tookey watch out!

If ever I seen a bid of any type doomed to failure then this it. The Bears have made zilch attempt to connect with the Central Coast and simply think that they will be succesfull because of the Bears branding and colouring.

I agree that many of the residents of the Central Coast are not the sharpest tools in the shed, but they are not naive.

Florimo may have a solid 1st Grade player, but as the person leading the bid he has no credentials. Compare Florimo's abilities to that of Micheal Searle, you may as well be comparing a Grange Hermitage with the Chateau Carboard at your local Liquorland. 

tookey link said:
Here come the bears.

dan if this clown makes a comment like that again i demand you ban his arse
:)

the bears who the **** are the bears

Cambo link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=182112.msg246832#msg246832 date=1259790478]
Here come the bears.

dan if this clown makes a comment like that again i demand you ban his arse
:)

the bears who the F**k are the bears
[/quote]

You leave my arse alone.   ;D

They only way that the bears could come back into the comp is if they raised $20m and revamped NSO to an NRL standard stadium.  Now that aint going to happen so Florimo needs to let go of the bears name and let it remained buried at the back of NSO grandstand along with Brett Gale and Doug Rollerson and move on.

The central coast need their own team with no reference or baggage from norths.  Blacktown by the sea bogans has a nice ring to it. 

"They should a have a bear shooting season every year like Duck Hunting - as there are no bears in Oz we could put North Sydney supporters in the Cross hairs.

Ryan & Tookey watch out!"

I'd try to formulate an astute response to that magical prose Geoff, but dead set I'm turning the gamma down on my monitor to its lowest setting, and the red gleam from the back of your neck is STILL blinding me !

I'm neutral on the matter of the bears. When I was a kid Manly always used to beat the bears so I never really hated them, just considered them easy competition points. There were other evils out there to hate.
I don't care what they call any new teams in the comp, I'll just want Manly to beat them.

niccipops link said:
I'm neutral on the matter of the bears. When I was a kid Manly always used to beat the bears so I never really hated them, just considered them easy competition points. There were other evils out there to hate.
I don't care what they call any new teams in the comp, I'll just want Manly to beat them.

What a deprived childhood.  Your parents must have censored the matches you watched when you were younger as there have been many a victory by the bears over Manly partiularly in the eithties and nineties. 

I guess you must have been young in the sitixes.   

Was a kid in the eighties and I went to Brookie every second weekend and to NS oval a few times and I can't remember ever losing to the bears. I'm sure the records would state that we did but I was lucky enough not to see it happen - or perhaps I have a selective memory and I'm sticking with it.

As for your reference to the sixties it certainly would have been fun to be around 18-25 back then. I would have liked to live as a real hippie and be a Doors groupie.
Bears suck! Go Manly!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4