[Resurrected] News: Are the Bears set to go West?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

EaglesDontTweet

Bencher
Premium Member
'Western Bears': North Sydney Bears back in hunt for NRL return after secret talks with WA group

Adrian Proszenko - WA Today - 23/02/2018

The North Sydney Bears and a Western Australian consortium are exploring the prospect of joining forces to create a "Western Bears" franchise seeking inclusion in an expanded NRL competition.

Just a day after new ARLC chairman Peter Beattie declared rugby league must "expand or die", Fairfax Media can reveal former Western Reds chairman Laurie Puddy and North Sydney Bears chairman Perry Lopez have held a series of secret talks about a potential combined bid. While the negotiations are still in their infancy, both parties remain open to the prospect of working together to provide a compelling case for an NRL license.

The Bears recently pitched a dual-city model proposal when the Gold Coast Titans were put on the market, although the NRL opted to hand the license to the Rebecca Frizelle-Darryl Kelly consortium. Despite the setback, the Bears remain open to the idea of teaming up with an interstate contender as part of their bid for readmission.

Story continues here (if you are interested;)) Link:
https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/rug...ret-talks-with-wa-group/ar-BBJrGyL?li=AAgfYrC

Fk the Bears.
Fk Florimo.

They are nothing but ambulance chasers these days.

Not all have the wisdom of @Ryan

However, has he ruled out returning to the North's fold if they do get a start??

When I die mate, I've given my loved one's instruction to bury / cremate me in my Manly gear. Eagle until I die, and forever after :)

I learnt something very foreign to me when transitioning from a Bears fan to a Sea Eagles fanatic - winning. Hahahaha. It becomes very addictive my friend.

The logo on their jersey will be:

yogi_65_armsoutdown_col.jpg

Here we go again.....

The Bears as a first grade team no longer exist. And just because Florimo is involved doesn't mean they will be back.

They want to latch on to anything they can. Its getting pathetic IMO.

When I die mate, I've given my loved one's instruction to bury / cremate me in my Manly gear. Eagle until I die, and forever after :)

I learnt something very foreign to me when transitioning from a Bears fan to a Sea Eagles fanatic - winning. Hahahaha. It becomes very addictive my friend.

If any post on this site ever done deserved a “winner” vote, it’s got to be this one.

If some rich bloke ever builds a stadium on Mars they'll put their hands up for that too.
I might actually agree with that one if they take the current NRL hierarchy with them.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7