Newcastle and eels game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

grassy

Bencher
Ain’t it amazing watching Newcastle today not being marched up to the try line. Yea they are not doing too well are they??? We flogged parra and now I am watching this. No refs help against the eels. The NRL is a f...g mess. I wonder what we did last week to piss the NRL off because quite frankly I am confused at these results.

Not unhappy that Mahoney got injured after that sad ass milk to get a bloke sin binned. Absolutely atrocious and as far as I’m concerned he should have been penalised for the effort instead of a Knight’s player binned. And I don’t wish injury on anyone..

It’s a disgrace mate. People talk about resilience and our lack of effort etc but a 9-0 penalty count and 2 in the bin was an absolute joke. This knights team is atrocious and would likely not beat dogs or Broncs without ref help.
Agree, where was Newcastles urgency today? No where to be seen yet last week they were everywhere. There is no way that today’s ref was refereeing like last weeks game against us. I seen a number of things that were let go by the ref today that were not let go last week. It’s easy to have urgency when being marched up the other end of the field. Our resilience last week was good enough to be commended. I am still in dis belief of the way our game was handled last week as opposed to today’s game with the same side we played.All them set restarts last week for the knights were crazy. Nothing like today’s game. That’s not to mention the penalty count

We were just shocking against newy.. The ref was shockingly biased but we should have been better than the rubbish we fished up.
Makes me puke watching the slime make us look silly..

A

Agree with all that, but I think we have to own our own performance, it just wasn’t good enough either.
I think last week a lot to do with,once again,DCE being the sole play maker.No creative dummy half,TomT in Origin preservation mode and Foran and Schuster out.The team has always been successful with a creative/ball playing back rower and that’s why I’d be happy to keep Schuster there for the time being

Agree, where was Newcastles urgency today? No where to be seen yet last week they were everywhere. There is no way that today’s ref was refereeing like last weeks game against us. I seen a number of things that were let go by the ref today that were not let go last week. It’s easy to have urgency when being marched up the other end of the field. Our resilience last week was good enough to be commended. I am still in dis belief of the way our game was handled last week as opposed to today’s game with the same side we played.All them set restarts last week for the knights were crazy. Nothing like today’s game. That’s not to mention the penalty count
I feel your pain @grassy .

Ain’t it amazing watching Newcastle today not being marched up to the try line. Yea they are not doing too well are they??? We flogged parra and now I am watching this. No refs help against the eels. The NRL is a f...g mess. I wonder what we did last week to piss the NRL off because quite frankly I am confused at these results.
DCE revolt and speaking out against Valandies.

I feel your pain @grassy .
I would like the head of the NRL to explain that game on Tv instead of giving us the bleeding obvious as to what they are trying to do and what vlad the vampire has done.After watching today’s game I am even more pissed aside from what I already know was a disgrace. Nothing but politics from what I have seen so far. The Nrl has no excuses here. This Newcastle and Parra game confirmed what I was thinking last week as we played both of them in consecutive rounds.

It’s a disgrace mate. People talk about resilience and our lack of effort etc but a 9-0 penalty count and 2 in the bin was an absolute joke. This knights team is atrocious and would likely not beat dogs or Broncs without ref help.

Interestingly, Dogs fans had (and still have) the same complaint about Ben Cummins being biased towards the home town Knights after the opening round of this year that we did last week. To be fair though, that Knights side was really only missing Ponga, and the Dogs would have been very long odds anyway.

But Cummins does have a bit of a reputation of favoring the home team. Of his last 30 NRL games, the home team has a 20-9-1 record.

No point whinging about the NRL or refs, it’ll never change. Zero accountability.

Makes us feel better though lol.

But its true. They talk about certain players being a protected species ... but there is no more protected species in NRL-Land than a referee.

I still believe and I will always believe that if the NRL forces coaches to do post match press conferences, then referees should have to as well. As you said, there is zero accountability right now other than Annesley coming out on Monday morning and either backing what they did on the weekend, or apologising for something gone wrong, which is of course little comfort to any team who actually lost a game or the chance to win because of a referee blunder.

O’Brien moaning about how they have players out & how it’s not easy to deal with lolololol…….reports stating Newcastle had a host of players out including Pearce, Ponga, Saifiti, Klemmer……. have a look at the club lists of injured / suspended players!!! Newcastle 7 players on their list….Manly 14!!!! Fvck off Knights you worthless piece of $hit club. Nothing better for me than watching the Worms & Knights struggling & losing….fvck them both & deep!

O’Brien moaning about how they have players out & how it’s not easy to deal with lolololol…….reports stating Newcastle had a host of players out including Pearce, Ponga, Saifiti, Klemmer……. have a look at the club lists of injured / suspended players!!! Newcastle 7 players on their list….Manly 14!!!! Fvck off Knights you worthless piece of $hit club. Nothing better for me than watching the Worms & Knights struggling & losing….fvck them both & deep!
Heard in the call, the commentary mention how hard they’d been hit with injuries. I’m yelling at the TV "Get a fkn dog up ya, you cockheads!"

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2