New signings to be announced #nextweek

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The biggest problems for teenagers in NRL is dealing with the physical battering and being able to tackle the big blokes - some of whom are ginormous.

If he can actually play then he may earn a shot at some stage during the year. After all, young Cleary was up to it. The elite kids are well trained these days.

I agree maybe even rotate two of the most promising youngsters.

With the right attitude there is enough experience in our playing group for it to work for at least the time being and we are still cashed up a in case someone else fit and with more experience comes along.

Sio Siua Taukeiaho at centre.....hahaha what?
Outrageous I know suggesting this guy should ever play centres:
Sio Siua Taukeiaho
A A
image: http://www.roosters.com.au/content/...jcr_content/image.scale.thumbnail.200.300.jpg

image.scale.thumbnail.200.300.jpg

• Date of Birth: 03-01-1992
  • Height: 184cm
  • Weight: 101kg
  • Position: Second Row, Centre, Lock
  • Rep. Honours: 2 Tests for Tonga (2014-15), 1 Test for New Zealand (2015)
  • Junior Clubs: Otara Scorpions
  • Previous Clubs: New Zealand Warriors (2013)
  • FG Debut: Warriors v St George Illawarra, WIN Stadium, 7/9/13 (Rd 26)

Read more at http://www.roosters.com.au/team/profiles/siosiua_taukeiaho.html#hTJ5Sc53JJwF3EJS.99

Outrageous I know suggesting this guy should ever play centres:
Sio Siua Taukeiaho
A A
image: http://www.roosters.com.au/content/...jcr_content/image.scale.thumbnail.200.300.jpg

image.scale.thumbnail.200.300.jpg

• Date of Birth: 03-01-1992
  • Height: 184cm
  • Weight: 101kg
  • Position: Second Row, Centre, Lock
  • Rep. Honours: 2 Tests for Tonga (2014-15), 1 Test for New Zealand (2015)
  • Junior Clubs: Otara Scorpions
  • Previous Clubs: New Zealand Warriors (2013)
  • FG Debut: Warriors v St George Illawarra, WIN Stadium, 7/9/13 (Rd 26)

Read more at http://www.roosters.com.au/team/profiles/siosiua_taukeiaho.html#hTJ5Sc53JJwF3EJS.99

Fair point, but I will counter by saying that Taukeiaho has played 65 NRL matches

29 - Bench
22 - Lock
13 - Second Row
1 - Front Row

And 6 international matches for Tonga and NZ for

4 - Front Row
1 - Lock
1 - Bench

Now I don't watch every NRL game and it is conceivable that he came off the bench and covered centres in some games but I personally never saw that

Didn't mean to offend but it intrigued me have Taukeiaho in the centres when if you wanted to move a back rower you could have moved Aubusson who has over 100 first grade NRL games at centre

https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/siosiua-taukeiaho/summary.html

Trent Hodkinson vs Todd Carney - Who should Manly sign?

Two names continue to pop up for the Northern Beaches club, and both come with baggage.

Former Sea Eagle Trent Hodkinson is on the lookout for a new club since Pearce joined the Knights, as young guns Brock Lamb, Connor Watson and Jack Cogger appear to be ahead of the 29-year-old in Nathan Brown's line-up.

Hodkinson began his career with the Sea Eagles in 2010, playing 24 games as Manly bowed out to eventual premiers St George-Illawarra in the first week of the finals.

The halfback then moved to Belmore and joined up with the Bulldogs where he played 92 games between 2011 and 2015.

Hodkinson dealt with knee and shoulder injuries during his time at the Bulldogs, playing only six games in 2012.

However his time with Canterbury saw Hodkinson play some of the best footy of his career, with his first taste of State of Origin football occurring in 2014 in the Blues' first series victory over the Maroons in eight long years.

Over the past two seasons, Hodkinson has played at Newcastle under the tutelage of Nathan Brown.

After a relatively consistent first year in 2016, the boy from Campbelltown found himself playing reserve grade in 2017, and is now looking for a fresh start.

The other player that Manly are reportedly circling is former Dally M Player of the Year and renowned NRL loose unit Todd Carney.

If the Sea Eagles went with Carney, they would be taking a major risk as Manly would be Carney's fourth NRL club and sixth overall after playing with the Canberra Raiders, Sydney Roosters, Cronulla Sharks, Catalans Dragons and Salford Red Devils.

Carney is back in Australia following his stint in Europe to suit up for Intrust Super Cup outfit Northern Pride, however is desperate for a return to the NRL.

The 31-year-old was sacked from Canberra in 2009, released by the Roosters in 2011, and then sacked again by Cronulla in 2014 due to repeated incidents involving alcohol.

Is he worth the risk?

Other than the two halves mentioned, Manly have some untested young talent that they could choose to throw in the deep end.

They signed youngster Lachlan Croker from the Canberra Raiders, and also have Jackson Hastings, Tom Wright and Cameron Cullen on their books.

These players are likely to take a few years before they reach an NRL standard, and Manly want to improve on their sixth place finish in 2017 as quickly as possible.

So, Should Manly go back to the future with Hodkinson or hope that fourth time is the charm for Carney?

Only time will tell.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...ckson-hastings-2018/xgnd5n9umdjt1etct2j8mkyky

Well, I’m guessung the #nextweek hashtag can be put out to pasture for a while as as sure as **** with the other crap going on Manly will be doing **** all signings until about 2019.

Every one needs to calm down.
Let’s see we have
* tom - only get better, still growing. Develop passing game. Played for country..
Jake - inspirational leader - state and country regular - defence amazing
Dylan walker - best centre in comp.
dce - clutch player field goals 40/20
Marty - lead nrl in off loads and great metres all year.
Who will improve alot
Sironen - seen glimpses of state of orgin like 2nd rower
Addin - when on very destructive. Needs more consistancy
Uate - some good games all year needs to cut errors.
Question marks
Frank - line speed in defence putrid
Kelly - does not look like nrl player
Perrett - not conviced

Big plus is jorge fit he was among best metres in nrl until injuried
I can promise you... Dylan Walker is not the best centre in the comp.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8