New recruits...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Freagle

Bencher
INteresting to consider...

None of our recruits for 2016 come from sides that made the finals...except for Greene, who doesn't play first grade, and Parcell, who also doesn't.

So either we are still waiting on some announcements on players who are still going strong, as some have suggested, or...have we just targeted mediocrity again? I'm excited about some of them - most of them - like always, it is interesting to see new players come into our system. But would be good to be gaining some winning culture along the way.

Myles is an origin player in a terrible side, easy sell really... Come somewhere you might be succesfull. Api is a premiership winning hooker in a side decimated by injuries that otherwise might of made the finals. The rest are blokes that hopefully haven't met their potential.

Other than Taylor, did we really miss out on anyone we were chasing? I am not sure there were many better forwards avaiable on the market.

Well rumour is sam burgess is available after the world cup. Even through he is very likely to end up at souths or salford, would be an amazing buy if the club nabbed him.

So we need some with a winning culture?

Guessing all those guys who played in the 2013 grand final have had labotomies if we are relying on imports for the winning culture.

Besides, Burgess will be back from his knee injury to partner Api who were involed in souths run to the title

So we need some with a winning culture?

Guessing all those guys who played in the 2013 grand final have had labotomies if we are relying on imports for the winning culture.

Besides, Burgess will be back from his knee injury to partner Api who were involed in souths run to the title
So let's see.. of the 2013 GF side, we'll have Matai, Lyon, Snake, Jorge...possibly Lawrence...Buhrer hopefully, but post-two knee recons...Symonds... So yes, seven out of seventeen leaves quite a deficit really, doesn't it?

I think who we have is who we have, BUT, there could be some announcements after the finals series is completed OR certain teams get knocked out.

I'm of the belief that we are short a dominant Prop (yes I know we have Jake but you need two), a strike edge forward, and a 5/8, add those to our armoury, and the young guns coming through and I reckon we will be really powerful in 2017.

But I think we need to realise we are in a transition year, and they will want to keep a few of the young guns coming through, so another year for them to further establish themselves whilst we transition with Jamie at 5/8 (and probably his last year, although I think he's signed for 2017 as well), and make do with the forwards we have, Lawrence for example is yet to return and has played only 1 game in 2015.

Although we have lost , Willie, Horo, Sao, Chee Kam and Lui is supposedly going to the Donkeys, so we seem to be a fraction short on troops which makes me wonder if there's a few more announcements yet to come.

Once the GF is over, if there's no further "members first" emails then we know we are done and dusted.

Agreed, Mark. Looking at the list you've mentioned, those ones who are going to other clubs really are the hard-running forwards as well.

While I agree Jake is definitely a dominant prop, he fits into the "dynamic workhorse" mould for mine, rather than a JWH, Moa, Thaiday kind of prop who runs a million miles an hour to bend the line. He'll cut someone in half and still make 150 metres in a game, but at 106kg, he doesn;t plough through the line, and nor do any of our other props, really. That's what we are missing...

Marky Mark I reckon we'll be fine at 5/8. But if we could add some size but above all else quality hard men in those 2 other positions. Prop and back row. It shouldn't be a rebuilding year.

Having young talent that is top grade but doesn't destroy the cap is so important these days to success. The turbo boys are that. Old wise heads grow around those kids, check we got that covered. 2 more dominant running players of class in the spots u mention is all we need and we can all start getting excited about next year.

I am interested to see what we have planned for Api and Parcell. Both signed for 3 years both hookers. Both arguably the best young talent in the dummy half role.

Why don't we hold fire until we see how our Under 20s perform in the finals? There are many good prospects in this team who should be signed up first, before we go looking for imports.
I'm been impressed with their brand of football and ability to pull out wins at the 'death'.

Why don't we hold fire until we see how our Under 20s perform in the finals? There are many good prospects in this team who should be signed up first, before we go looking for imports.
I'm been impressed with their brand of football and ability to pull out wins at the 'death'.
You're right - we are all asking for dynamic, hard-running forwards when we have Demetriou coming through U20s...though again, maybe more likely to crack firsts after a season of NSW Cup.

Actually another thing - apparently Vave came to us about 20kg overweight, something like 136kg. He dropped down to 122 during the season...but if he trained hard and played at his proper weight of about 115kg, he'd fit the bill. He can carry a couple of defenders every time...

So let's see.. of the 2013 GF side, we'll have Matai, Lyon, Snake, Jorge...possibly Lawrence...Buhrer hopefully, but post-two knee recons...Symonds... So yes, seven out of seventeen leaves quite a deficit really, doesn't it?

Not at all, how many of the souths team had played a grand final before last year?

How many of the roosters team the year before?

Less than 7 but it didn't stop them.

There's always someone that comes out of left field - BJ, Fa'oso even Jake stepping up this year.
As much as Brissy Mark and others talked up Leary, did we really think he'd be a mainstay of our top 17?
There's one ready to jump out of the box somewhere and as I posted elsewhere with a new coaching staff surely they have one somewhere.

Everyone seems to think we need size up front . We need sizeable hearts.

A good big man will always beat a good little man... In saying that though lots of people saying we need a big edge forward.. I am actually finding it hard to think of a team with a big edge forward. None of the top four have one...

I would love a massive prop/lock though..One with a temper.

A good big man will always beat a good little man... In saying that though lots of people saying we need a big edge forward.. I am actually finding it hard to think of a team with a big edge forward. None of the top four have one...

I would love a massive prop/lock though..One with a temper.
It's a shame Tony Williams maybe could of been that man . Just a thought...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6