New Manly Corso Kiosk for Snake and Gifty

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Sounds like they are part of the Manly Community for life :angel:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/nrl-manly-sea-eagles-brett-stewart-and-glenn-stewart-cook-up-manly-corso-kiosk-plan/story-fngr8hax-1227046693407

Manly Sea Eagles’ Brett Stewart and Glenn Stewart cook up Manly Corso Kiosk plan
STEVEN DEARE MANLY DAILY SEPTEMBER 04, 2014
131195-39871628-333d-11e4-b504-0c5c618439dc.jpg

SEA Eagles stars Brett and Glenn Stewart want to serve pies, hot dogs, coffee and more to Manly from a shop in the middle of The Corso.

The brothers and their manager, George Mimis, have hatched plans to create Manly Corso Kiosk, a 50sqm facility that would sit between the palm trees at the eastern end of the strip.

It would serve traditional takeaway food like pies, as well as healthier items like fruit salad and yoghurt.

Brett and Glenn would be actively involved in the daily management of the business, according to the development application before Manly Council.

Brett is listed as the applicant, while Mr Mimis would provide some guidance and expertise.

The kiosk would not cook food on-site but instead accept daily deliveries.

The proposal has sparked objections from the Manly Chamber of Commerce and several businesses.

Their concerns centre on the kiosk’s height, its trading hours and the council’s tender process.

The kiosk would open at 7am seven days a week, and trade until 3.30am on Friday and Saturday.

In a statement, the Stewart brothers said they engaged renowned Australian designer Matt Darwon for the project.

“The kiosk exterior is a reflection of the iconic Norfolk Pines along Manly Beach and when closed will resemble a sculpture,” the statement said.

“When open there is complete visibility from all sides through the kiosk.

“We have consciously looked to provide an iconic new amenity providing a high quality of food and beverage to the local community and tourists.

“In doing so it is important to us to engage with appropriate stakeholders throughout this process to ensure of the best community outcome.”

The kiosk design will allow staff to serve customers from each side. The proposal said the aesthetics were sensitive to the surrounding environment and would “mimic the beachside ambience” of the area.

The group expects to hire a team of full-time and part-time staff to run the kiosk.

As a takeaway food venue, no seating would be required, according to the application.

Existing utility pits at The Corso would provide power and water.

Details of the proposal are available on the council’s website.
https://ecouncil.manly.nsw.gov.au/eservice/daEnquiryDetails.do?index=22

I'm just having thoughts, that we will never actually see Gifty in a Crimson and Myrtle jersey. And if his career is done, shame but so be it.

So, if application approved, we should all get down there, and buy a pie.

off topic: I thought papers had to inform the readers when they digitally alter photos?

tookey said:
Manly council will knock the proposal on the head and Brett will ask for another release as a result.

lol.

Totally off the wall, but did you know Mayor Jean Hay is Arko's sister? If council says no I'm sure the Tele can make some sort of connection like "Arko blocks Stewarts"

Manly Council is pretty careful about the Corso - this is a proposal to add a kiosk to an open space part. The local retailers are already pissed off about ad hoc market stalls being set up and taking business. Sounds like a no going by the article.

How will Brett juggle this commitment with his playing commitments with the Raiders, Bulldogs, Dragons, Rabbitohs, Titans and Roosters next year?

globaleagle said:
off topic: I thought papers had to inform the readers when they digitally alter photos?

Only when making Tony Abbott look like a rat.

Not as good an idea as their redfern bottle shop or bankstown whhore house.

That should fit better with current spin.

mozgrame said:
Shoe1 said:
Wonder if Shaun Garlick has lodged an objection?

Dunno, Sean Garlick might though. :p I know he objected to a certain object being lodged by Freddy once.
good we should all object to a vermin having a business in Manly territory over Manly boys,well one of them is atleast,go back and open your business in redfern

So the media have somehow gotten wind of Brett selling the number 1 tasting dogs at his kiosk and turned it into Brett playing in the number 1 for the dogs

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4