New CEO

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Koko22

Reserve Grader
Tony Mestrov gets the gig I wish him well. Why would Penn give Buzz the announcement for his **** column and not let the members get it first? The people running our club have no idea how to embrace members.

The Manly Sea Eagles are to appoint Greyhounds NSW boss Tony Mestrov as their new chief executive to replace Stephen Humphreys.

The former Manly and South Sydney Rabbitohs forwards is regarded in the corporate world as one of sport’s sharpest business minds.

Manly chairman Scott Penn has revealed Mestrov, 52, was previously interviewed when the job was last advertised three years ago.

“Tony was firmly in the mix but he didn’t quite have the hardened chief executive’s experience,” Penn said.

“Since then he has done an incredibly good job with greyhound racing to lift the profile of the sport.

“He’s a Manly man and a really impressive guy. It was a no-brainer this time.”

Mestrov beat NRL executive and former front-rower Jason King for the role.

Manly has had much front-office upheaval in the last decade.

Mestrov becomes their sixth CEO in eight years, following Humphreys, Lyall Gorman, Tim Cleary, Joe Kelly and David Perry.

Penn is right in what he said about the job Tony has done with Greyhounds NSW.

He’s taken them from literally extinction, to a point where prize money has now increased significantly with races such as The Million Dollar Chase.

He’ll leave them in a great space and hopefully come in and maintain that success with us

Tony Mestrov gets the gig I wish him well. Why would Penn give Buzz the announcement for his **** column and not let the members get it first? The people running our club have no idea how to embrace members.
Could not agree more.

Here be another link...

TONY Mestrov, the man heralded for picking NSW greyhound racing up off the canvas, is poised to leave his position as CEO of Greyhound Racing NSW (GRNSW).
Mestrov is set to take up the role as chief executive officer of the Manly Sea Eagles, the club he made his first grade debut for back in 1990.

At the helm of GRNSW since October 2017, Mestrov has overseen a spectacular resurgence of NSW greyhound racing, following on from the NSW government’s mooted ban of the sport back in 2016.

In the past five years, Mestrov has presided over a period that’s seen NSW greyhound racing go from strength-to-strength both on and off the track.

Here be another link...

TONY Mestrov, the man heralded for picking NSW greyhound racing up off the canvas, is poised to leave his position as CEO of Greyhound Racing NSW (GRNSW).
Mestrov is set to take up the role as chief executive officer of the Manly Sea Eagles, the club he made his first grade debut for back in 1990.

At the helm of GRNSW since October 2017, Mestrov has overseen a spectacular resurgence of NSW greyhound racing, following on from the NSW government’s mooted ban of the sport back in 2016.

In the past five years, Mestrov has presided over a period that’s seen NSW greyhound racing go from strength-to-strength both on and off the track.
It's awesome news that we find out through what's the buzz. Not like the owners would have the decency or sense to inform the members first.

While I wish Mestrov well, I am gonna sound like a party pooper. Another CEO from an organisation that gets most of it's revenue from gambling? I am a little weary of the encroachment of gambling in sport in general and the NRL in particular. V'Landys from racing, Mestrov from Greyhounds. Sportsbet, Pointsbet, Centrebet and so on. A bit of a punt is one thing, but I think gambling is ruining the game. I hope he does well though. I would wish him luck, but that sounds like gambling!

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6