New Brookvale Oval seating ready for Sunday's game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
260 extra seats is a starting point. Is it $55 a seat for an adult in this new section?

477023_10150798372432343_604282342_9973441_746581649_o.jpg

Cameron said:
Didn't they totally renovate
Under the Jane try stand in 2010

Basically the 10 million went towards a backlog of key maintenance issues - upgrades to corporate facilities, improved dressing rooms, improved playing surface, meeting OH&S compliance requirements etc. That's brought the ground up to a mid-range early-90s standard (maybe I'm being optimistic there). Hopefully Mayor Regan and co are working towards gaining some more funding so that the additional seats (1400) in front of the KA and JT stands can be installed and the works to both hills that are proposed can be completed. Then they can work towards more ambitious goals for the old girl.

Perhaps if the Council didn't blow money on endless community consultations re: the future usage of Brookvale Oval, more concrete results could be in place by now.

There is about the same corporate box increase as well so circa 500 increase in seated capability.

I didn't see much of the 10 mil spent but its a start that keeps us there.
I hear that there is a new 150 seat dinning room attached at the back of the seats.

This alone will bring big $ to the club. 15 tables at 200 a head per game is good for the club.
I put in over 20 grand in a year as a sponsor but this is something that manly has not done before and will attract new money.
Its all about keeping us at brookie.

I know that others on this site are willing to give up on brookvale but not me. Brookie for ever.

It may not mean many seats in terms of numbers but means a great input of finances for the club.

Surely this would mean hundreds of thousands dollars in extra income each year for the 10 games played.

I am happy with that (would love more) as it means we may be able to break even most years instead of a loss.

Once the Leagues Club starts more profitable trading, it may increase the grant to the Football Club.

Seems like better news on a financial front for the future.

It's nice to see the stands finally cover two sides of the ground. Starting to look more like a proper stadium.

is it considered a seperate stand or part of the Jane Try. If it is then can it be named???

Here are a few ideas;

Lyons/Toovey
Randall/Eadie
Krilich/Jones

The Wheel said:
is it considered a seperate stand or part of the Jane Try. If it is then can it be named???

Here are a few ideas;

Lyons/Toovey
Randall/Eadie
Krilich/Jones

Cleal/hasler stand lol

Cameron said:
The Wheel said:

Here are a few ideas;

Lyons/Toovey
Randall/Eadie
Krilich/Jones

Cleal/hasler stand lol

That last one would be the Heal Stand, right?

The latest round of improvements were:
- Two bay extension to Jane Try Stand
- Improved disabled access to Jane Try Stand
- New accessible lift in Ken Arthurson Stand
- New disabled seating in Jane Try and Ken Arthurston Stand
- New accessible public toilets
- Improved food and beverage outlets
- New Corporate boxes
- New, enclosed bin store
- Upgrades to electricity supply

I'm sure part of the grant previously went to relocating the northern entry from Pittwater Rd, fliptop seats, improved change rooms, upgrade of the Presidents' lounge, additional corporate seats, and some other smaller improvements.

Fluffy said:
There is about the same corporate box increase as well so circa 500 increase in seated capability.
At least one (going by the photo) of those plywood-constructed 'corporate lounges' has gone from the back JT Stand. I'm assuming the one at the other end has as well.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6