Never seen a market like this

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
Ive been punting for many years but never seen a market like this in R26

Basically Centrebet today has Melbourne clear favourites(probably due to AAIM stadium for both semis)

then basically Brisbane,manly,tigers and saints at 9/2.

Probably dead right too.It is an absolute lottery this year.The salary cap has many detractors but I suppose it must be said it creates a very even comp,which the AFL would die for atm.

It is not the salary cap sue it is the enforcement of it IMO - AFL has a cap and a draft, except they have never really police it.

yep wheel.agree.They also have a huge dichotomy between the haves and have nots in terms of club wealth.In the nrl basically all clubs are broke or propped up so the extra resources at some clubs,while a problem,is not anywhere near the diffence between haves and have nots in AFL.

susan said:
In the nrl basically all clubs are broke or propped up so the extra resources at some clubs,

And yet Gallop is being painted as the finest CEO in the game's history!

Melbourne have over acheived this year and no way they will win a grand final with a front row of Lowe, Norrie and Woolnough plus centres like Champion and Neilson.

I was very underwhelmed with them last friday and they will struggle in the big games with half their team being average standard at best

Can't for the life of me understand how the scum are favourites to win the comp. Id have them behind us,St Choke and the Tigers. Can't see the scum even making the gf, especially without Blair. Rest of forward pack are creampuffs. And outside backs apart from Slater are ordinary. Out of the teams iv mentioned would definitely want to play the purple scum.

agree tookey.wouldnt back them with my worst enemies money but I think the price is based on the ridiculous double AAMI scheduling and Manlys perceived problems.I would love to play them in the gF even without Glen and co.We have their measure.It is the next 3 I worry about.

susan said:
versus bunnies without inglis.would be surprised if they get beat but you never know.

You are assuming that Souths will beat Newcastle. I think the knights will win. They are at home and they have a pretty good record on 'Old Boys Day'.

Melbourne's defence was very strong against us, we had plenty of pressure on them and they only conceded 3 trys. Add Cronk at 7 and Bobby Blair as a replacement for Champion and they are a much stornger attacking unit. Smith and Slater were kept quiet against us, but they have shown plenty of times they can fire in big games. So I wouldn't be writing them off just because we beat them on Friday.

At full strength I think we're a massive chance of winning it all, but unfortunately with every hit we take with our mounting injury and suspension list our chances are getting slimmer and slimmer. I don't think we can afford to lose any more players.

mcatt said:
Melbourne's defence was very strong against us, we had plenty of pressure on them and they only conceded 3 trys. Add Cronk at 7 and Bobby Blair as a replacement for Champion and they are a much stornger attacking unit. Smith and Slater were kept quiet against us, but they have shown plenty of times they can fire in big games. So I wouldn't be writing them off just because we beat them on Friday.

At full strength I think we're a massive chance of winning it all, but unfortunately with every hit we take with our mounting injury and suspension list our chances are getting slimmer and slimmer. I don't think we can afford to lose any more players.
What bout their forward pack? No way their up to it imo. We've got them covered even without Gifty and King.

the mauler said:
mcatt said:

What bout their forward pack? No way their up to it imo. We've got them covered even without Gifty and King.

Cameron Smith is so good out of dummy half that he more often than not gets his forwards on the front foot. The pack itself may be largely toilers but they have been doing their job well and are not as bad as you make out. There is a reason they have only lost 4 matches all year.

I'm not saying that we can't beat them, or that they will easily go on and win the premiership. I'm simply saying that to write them off because of last Friday is silly.

As far as I'm concerned, I could see anyone in the top 5 winning the premiership, and although I don't really see them winning it, I think the Warriors and Cowboys in 6 and 7 are more than capable of knocking anyone off on their day. I feel like there is a bit of cockiness sneaky into some of the comments on here, something I hope doesn't sneak into the players thoughts. Manly are by no means a sure thing to even make the grand final let alone winning it, it will take our very best football mixed with some luck (both with injuries and at the judiciary tonight).

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4