Never felt more confident of a win!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Royal Soup

First Grader
I dunno why but I have the best feeling about this game tonight, more than any other game this year we are going to win this'

The media don't give us any chance, souffs fans are making GF plans and think they just have to turn up, betting agencies are all over souffs, the regular punter has written us off, souffs coaching staff and players are trying to downplay everything and hide from the media

What manly have been through in the last two games has us battle ready! This is what the club lives for! It's our time!

We got this!

Yeah, I think Choc had a shocker that night, but he got the shocker game away early this year, so maybe have a blinder!

The Mighty & Courageous Men of Manly stand confident and ready for battle! The legion of Manly fans and members stand proudly behind you! Lets show Rus and his precious Bunnies how real gladiators roll. Lets do it for George, Brent & Joey!!! Our 3rd premiership in 6 years is within reach! GO MANLY!!

Tonight will be the game which transports this team from being 'one of the top teams of the last decade', into the unquestionably the 'Greatest Team of the last Decade', and one that stands against the great sides of Canberra/Broncos etc of the past.

Killer03 said:
Tonight will be the game which transports this team from being 'one of the top teams of the last decade', into the unquestionably the 'Greatest Team of the last Decade', and one that stands against the great sides of Canberra/Broncos etc of the past.

Sorry but tonight's game won't do that. Winning tonight and following it up with a GF win next week certainly would.

Achieving that would stake a claim for this Manly team being close to the greatest in our club's history. I say that having watched our teams of the seventies strut their stuff.

Frank said:
Killer03 said:

Sorry but tonight's game won't do that. Winning tonight and following it up with a GF win next week certainly would.

Achieving that would stake a claim for this Manly team being close to the greatest in our club's history. I say that having watched our teams of the seventies strut their stuff.

Hi Frank

Although I didn't state it, I meant that winning tonight will set us onto the GF where we will win, but the win tonight will be seen as one of our greatest,

Cheers

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:
I still get flashbacks of this time last year in melbourne.That night discipline killed us if we can overcome that tonight we'll win.

Let's cleanly catch the ball off the kick off & go from there ;)

Killer03 said:
Frank said:
Killer03 said:

Hi Frank

Although I didn't state it, I meant that winning tonight will set us onto the GF where we will win, but the win tonight will be seen as one of our greatest,

Cheers

Agreed Killer. Although I have to say that this team and the team of the last 5 years has provided us with many memorable wins. I will also add that I have been thinking all week that if this team can go on and win the comp this year then surely that would be one if the biggest efforts of any team in the history of our game. The team would go down in folklore.

I can visualise 20 years down the track players in our current squad handing out jerseys to another Manly team playing in the 2033 GF whilst all around them are recalling the massive effort of the 2013 squad.

I've got goosebumps.

bones said:
Souths will have an extra reason to fire up and do it for their coach tonight. Michael Maguire's mum passed away this morning. It's gonna be a very tough game.
Very sad. May she rest in peace.
Yes it very sad when a mother is lost and may she rest in Peace but our boys have mothers as well and they will also be fired up to make their mothers proud

I remember everybody saying the same thing about the Bulldogs all through the finals series in 1995. Busted, tired, too many tough games etc etc. their heavy, brutal lead in actually toughened them up. I am sorry to re-hash painful memories but I just want the boys to know it is possible as ALL media outlets have us done and dusted. I just wanna beat these wankers real bad!

I'm not confident, just hopeful. I was sure we'd beat Easts, then Snake pulled out. I was sure we'd beat Newcastle in the GF way back when, after having beaten them 11 times in a row, only to lose it at the last minute (the memory still haunts me).
I have watched too many hot favourites beaten to ever feel over-confident. On this occasion, Souffs are certain to be too big, too strong, too Burgess . . . aren't they?

Killer03 said:
Might even be compared to the Sea-Eagles of the 70's when dominance is discussed rather than those lash in the pan Raiders and Donkeys.

Dont think Ive ever felt more nervous, pessimistic, or downright despondent. This is going to be painful tonight maybe a repeat of last year. Ive already accepted we are gone in 2013........!!!!!!!!????????

mickqld said:
Dont think Ive ever felt more nervous, pessimistic, or downright despondent. This is going to be painful tonight maybe a repeat of last year. Ive already accepted we are gone in 2013........!!!!!!!!????????

Well said and thank you mick :)

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4