Need help

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
Silvertailers

There was a thread/post last week and a question was asked around interstate membership by one of the posters on here.

I can’t find the thread and I can’t recall who posted the questions so I can reply to it.

There was also feedback around a ‘basic membership’ package as well.

If anyone can direct me to that conversation it would be appreciated

https://silvertails.net/threads/app...entre-of-excellence.56215/page-6#post-1113524

Hi Wheel,

I know it is too late for this year, but could you mention to Lyall the idea of a purely basic membership for people that don't live anywhere near Brookie (like Ireland or just interstate) where you literally for around $50 for an Adult and say $30 for a kid under 16 you get a purely basic membership where you get sent a sticker and keyring or a plastic card and that is it. It would be a great membership for people that simply do not have the disposable cash to spend on a full membership with game access that they are never going to use. I will probably sign up anyway this year but it is getting harder and harder for me every year to part with $85 plus knowing that I cant go to games. Our membership prices are at a fine price point if you are attending even 1 match, but if you won't see a game $85 can be a lot for people who are struggling to balance the budget. If they introduce these types of token memberships it will be pure profit as there is no cost to the club, and people like myself will be tempted to buy the 4 nephews a $30 membership each for $120 and drive our member numbers through the roof. As I said this would only be for people who can't attend games that live a decent distance away. Lower membership costs = higher membership numbers. NRL and the likes of the Telegraph look at total member numbers more than they look at total spend per member.

Better still if they did a deal with the NRL and included a subscription to watchnrl.com then I would happily pay full freight because that costs €149 a year on its own.

from conanu

edit: I just typed 'interstate' in the search function up there on the right, if that helps.

Thanks Global, You are in the same boat i am guessing1

Well.... I do fly back to Aust via chartered jet almost every game and hang out in the president's suite. So probably... (plane not boat though... lol I'm sooooooooo funny).

*cough*

Nah, I get the interstate one. Actually I used to get the overseas one (same stuff but $10 extra postage) but the delivery on them was soooooo slow that thankfully we've been blessed with an awesome member @HappilyManly . So I order an interstate one, get it sent to her and she posts it to me.

It's kinda interesting (and annoying) that it's easier for me to ask HM to do this ....than my own damn family!!!!!! The amount of stupid questions and complaining I'd get would make the House Un-American Activities Committee look like a one day wonder.

Well.... I do fly back to Aust via chartered jet almost every game and hang out in the president's suite. So probably... (plane not boat though... lol I'm sooooooooo funny).

*cough*

Nah, I get the interstate one. Actually I used to get the overseas one (same stuff but $10 extra postage) but the delivery on them was soooooo slow that thankfully we've been blessed with an awesome member @HappilyManly . So I order an interstate one, get it sent to her and she posts it to me.

It's kinda interesting (and annoying) that it's easier for me to ask HM to do this ....than my own damn family!!!!!! The amount of stupid questions and complaining I'd get would make the House Un-American Activities Committee look like a one day wonder.
Wow
What a complicated life you lead GE.
Are you like an...
International spy or something?

*cough*

I am blessed with the best Mum who not only sent me all Manly related news clippings back in my backpacking years when only 'hard copy' existed, she also went to Testimonials and Manly Fan days to document what I was missing :angel:

@Wheel - Manly need to set up as an Amazon supplier so that non-Sydney Fans can choose the Manly merchandise they want and have the affordable and reliable postage.

More gear could be sold if the postage cost is less of a burden :lightbulb:

Wow
What a complicated life you lead GE.
Are you like an...
International spy or something?

51uSjqResVL._SL500_SX297_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

2009-8-5-Spy_vs_Spy_9432.jpg

MV5BNzc4ZDc2ODYtZDczMi00M2Y1LWIyYjItNjJlMjk2YTY0MTkyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjk3NTUyOTc@._V1_UY268_CR83,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

I agree with others... thanks @The Wheel and @Mitch . You guys have really stepped up since donating your time on the committee thingie! (and the others)

Last edited:
I am blessed with the best Mum who not only sent me all Manly related news clippings back in my backpacking years when only 'hard copy' existed, she also went to Testimonials and Manly Fan days to document what I was missing :angel:

@Wheel - Manly need to set up as an Amazon supplier so that non-Sydney Fans can choose the Manly merchandise they want and have the affordable and reliable postage.

More gear could be sold if the postage cost is less of a burden :lightbulb:

Yer mums is kewl!

Also... and nothing can really be done about this, BUT ... when buying a jersey or item of clothing Canada goes wah wah wah wah how dare you buy clothes from overseas and hurt our industry.... we will hit you with a 20% tariff. wah wah wah

Ok then Canada, show me where I can get Manly gear in Canada.

Canada: ..........
wah wah wah stop buying clothes from overseas!

+4 - Would love a simplified membership option for Overseas or interstate. Was on the site about to sign up this year for myself but considered adding my 3 kids as well. We would never make a game but id love the family to be all Membered up but at $60 each kid couldn't work out what they would get out of it. Anyway got through the entire process to payment only for the site to pack up twice and reset. Will try again soon.

Yer mums is kewl!

Also... and nothing can really be done about this, BUT ... when buying a jersey or item of clothing Canada goes wah wah wah wah how dare you buy clothes from overseas and hurt our industry.... we will hit you with a 20% tariff. wah wah wah

Ok then Canada, show me where I can get Manly gear in Canada.

Canada: ..........
wah wah wah stop buying clothes from overseas!
Let’s have a tariff debate

@The Wheel

For next year suggest maybe a very basic membership ( say $50) and all you get is a card ( 10% off merchandise) , a hat and a sticker.

Doesn’t worry me in a financial sense but I’ve downgraded this year from Interstate to Basic due to being away for around 5 months in the caravan this year and when asked did I want a scarf or a cooler I actually said “ neither” ( I bet I still get something).

I’ve been a member since 2006 have loads of scarves, coolers, drink bottles and the list goes on BUT all I really need is a sticker for the back of my 4WD, and a hat to piss off the other Queenslanders.

I know , an extra $35 is bugger all but for some it might be the difference between joining or not.

This sort of feedback is gold in particular since the formation of the member council - specifically with it being so early in the piece when looking at potential 2020 member options. @The Wheel and I will certainly pass this on to the team who I guarantee will take these thoughts into consideration when forming the 2020 membership packages.

This is a travesty ,nobody talking up the bloody lanyard.
I think a basic membership ,consisting of only a tshirt and a hat would be great.

This sort of feedback is gold in particular since the formation of the member council - specifically with it being so early in the piece when looking at potential 2020 member options. @The Wheel and I will certainly pass this on to the team who I guarantee will take these thoughts into consideration when forming the 2020 membership packages.

I liked the year when Manly did the fridge magnet with the schedule on it. As the schedule is being finalised earlier, may be time to bring it back, or even maybe just a small Manly magnet anyway?

+4 - Would love a simplified membership option for Overseas or interstate. Was on the site about to sign up this year for myself but considered adding my 3 kids as well. We would never make a game but id love the family to be all Membered up but at $60 each kid couldn't work out what they would get out of it. Anyway got through the entire process to payment only for the site to pack up twice and reset. Will try again soon.
If you are having issues send an email to the club - attention Eric in memberships who will be able to assist

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4