Nearly time for dear old Des to find a new club

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

castle eagle

Bencher
Tipping Member
His back ended deals are about to bite him on the ar$e:

T-REX ENJOYING MONSTROUS DEAL

TONY ‘T Rex’ Williams is on a whopping $600,000 on the final year of his contract with the Bulldogs next season. It is ridiculous amount of back-ended money for a player who hasn’t aimed up.

The Bulldogs were prepared to release the giant forward to another club but there has been absolutely no interest. Next year will be his last at Belmore and his money will go towards keeping Dave Klemmer and Josh Jackson on new deals.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-league-ramps-up/story-fnp0lyn3-1227564500614

Des probably has his own contract back ended for next year. After that, he might take his travelling roadshow of assorted hangers on, to another locale.

Possibly back home to Penrith, which Des pronounces as 'Penriff.' After all, the Cleary experiment hadn't been all that successful and they must be running out of patience with Jivin' Ivan.

Watching the final series and the quality of the grand final the powers at be will only look to further speed up the game and the ruck area Desmond has a Roster based upon Size and power to slow down the ruck and strangle teams etc will be interested to see how the dogs fare next year as they certainly need to change their style of play and it seems they do not have the cattle to do it! Dessie could be in trouble here!

If the dogs don't win a comp in the next two years Des will be gone. Not that he he has done badly there by any means but he came with massive expectations and the fans and management are desperate for a premiership and will demand a change if the trophy cabinet is still bare at the end of 2017.

IMO though Des is an exceptional coach and if anyone can coach the dogs to a GF win over the next two years it's him.

It's very hard to make a GF and he made two, but unfortunately came up against the two worst possible opponents on the big day. Melbourne were desperate having been stripped of their titles and had the big three plus the wrestle to negate a big forward pack. Then they came up against a South Sydney side that were red hot off the back of Burgess and GI...they were a juggernaut and the form team for the entire year.

Wayne Bennett just lost on GF day which goes to show how difficult the job is for Des. Anyway, I think he has done a good job at Canterbury, but I hate them and I hate Des so I will keep death riding them!

Raelene (Sand)Castle recently said they were in discussions with Des to extend his contract beyond 2017 although some within the club are vying for his head as he has not lived up to expectations. Some people are hard to please!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7