name three players who will surprise 2018

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Reserve Grader
Most fans tend to name emerging players as those who will 'surprise' with better form.

I think three of our more established players will surprise in 2018.

1. D Lussick. Had a full pre-season (unlike last year) and is off contract. Needs to play the house down to get a new contract, and will.

2. Lewis Brown. Understandably derided by fans, but far better player than he's shown at Manly, looks super fit this pre-season and is off contract. Needs to set himself up for next contract (outside Manly).

3. Api. Performed superbly in 2017, but with a State of Origin berth a possibility and being off contract, has huge motivation to become an elite hooker. My tip for Manly player of year.

Other contenders: Kelepi Tanginoa, Shaun Lane, Hastings

Good list you’ve got there including the three players mentioned at the bottom of your post.
1 Darcy Lussick- I believe he’s going to be an absolute beast. Starting prop with Marty.
2 Jake and Tom- included them in together. With both boys now representative players, I really can see them playing at an elite level every week.
3 Siro- Ready to fulfill all that potential that everyone has been talking about for years.
Tanginoa and Lane are real Smokey’s and AFB should go next level as well. Good times ahead for Manly fans.

1. Jackson Hastings - I’m very confident that Jackson will improve with the likes of DCE, Turbo and Api around him.

2. Curtis Sironen - He was a key player in our squad last season, I really think this guy will play Origin one day. He has all the skills that a second rower needs.

3. Darcy Lussick - As 1978 mentioned, he’ll have a full pre season and will only get better.

Others - Kelly, Tanginoa, Winterstein

Il have go. No.1. DCE now with hopefully a more experienced pack dce will evolve to a true million dollar man and be the best player in the game.
no.2 API Api's defence last year was brutal , a real highlight for me. hopefully this year on top off his defence his passing is world class. Not saying it was bad .but could go a whole new level.
no. 3 tough choice, but il go KELLY. A bigger stronger smarter player that has learned alot from his first year. Fingers crossed. Cause he'l be dumped if he fails waiting for injury chances.
A bit under 4 million seconds till kick off!!!!
Ooooh yeear!! Cant wait.

Dce , Thompson and Turbo . Dce will be the half of the comp behind the best pack in the comp . Also expect Thommo to add more spark to a very good engine , while the ever improving turbo to be fullback of the year .

My expectations are such that I will be "surprised" if most of our squad of 30 don't do well when opportunity presents.

Again my each way bets are on

(1) Winterstein, I think he has been playing to a role, now with Thompson and other back row contenders in the mix, Baz will take the shackles of him and allow him to play his natural game. If he gets his chance, he will take it.

and (2) Parker, still only 20/21 and in the 2 most important years of his career he has been hard done with injuries at crucial times ... but I think he is that rare beast .. a natural footballer. if he gets his chances he will not disappoint.

AFB - His time is now....after already making good impact, is now a seasoned NRL player and will prove a powerhouse in 2018.
Tom T - More than a big kid now - starting to realise his unlimited potential - great news for us - shocking for the opposition.
Thompson - A Manly fan as a boy, gets his dream to play it out as a rugged, experienced back rower and brings across a heap of qualities we were lacking in 2017 - astute signing.

If I knew now who will surprise me this season, it wouldn't be a surprise!

However in the spirit of thinking about who might prosper, I can't go past Gosiewski. He is in nearly every training pic the club puts out (compare with yesterdays man Winterstein who is scarcely sighted) plus he looks a bit bigger in each pic.

May not start in 1st grade but I tip he will break into the team.

One other who I think will surprise a few is Api, everyone mainly fans are saying the next NSW hooker will be from the likes of Cook or Wallace but I believe the next hooker is Api for NSW. He is rated highly by a number of people involved with NSW particularly Fitler the coach and Gould who will be involved in some way with the blues. I think he will have a great season regardless of our teams form and Fitler has already named him as a bolter to look out for in 2018.

One would think that Paseka , Lane and Tanga and being off contract this season would have plenty of incentive to produce big efforts and contributions in season 2018 for the Sea Eagles .

To win the comp we need one player to surprise and that's DCE. He needs to step up to next level and become a leader for this team. It seems he is going to have a rookie 5/8 with him this season so it's all on him now as the most experienced back. He needs to show that he can deliver under pressure and drive this team around like a true elite class player. If he can step up to Thurston or Cronk type of consistency and game management then he will be the best half in the comp as he has a great skill set. His efforts the last two seasons, whilst wholehearted have been a bit disappointing at times.

Other than that I really hope that a young forward steps up and surprises if given an opportunity. It'd be good to see some fresh blood in the mix for our pack - we lack a bit of x factor in that department.

To win the comp we need one player to surprise and that's DCE. He needs to step up to next level and become a leader for this team. It seems he is going to have a rookie 5/8 with him this season so it's all on him now as the most experienced back. He needs to show that he can deliver under pressure and drive this team around like a true elite class player. If he can step up to Thurston or Cronk type of consistency and game management then he will be the best half in the comp as he has a great skill set. His efforts the last two seasons, whilst wholehearted have been a bit disappointing at times.

Other than that I really hope that a young forward steps up and surprises if given an opportunity. It'd be good to see some fresh blood in the mix for our pack - we lack a bit of x factor in that department.
Personally I thought DCE was excellent last season. Topped the try assists, won games himself and defensively very strong. He did this with a new halves partner (his fourth in 2years).

My three to surprise are:
  1. AFB
  2. Gojeffski (my spelling)
  3. Hastings if given a crack at 6

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10