Naden Charged!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Thought he was looking at 6 weeks minimum. Given Lawtons 4 weeks for one nowhere near as bad.
Jake landed on his neck ffs

In mitigation he might have had the, I don't recall passing a HIA or letting in two trys but my world must have been upside down if I did this. Who let me back on the field again.

Yeh both the same
r0_0_800_600_w800_h600_fmax.jpg
85c0414a262faffecfb70e2c9e8d5c29.jpeg

I thought Lawton's was worse in terms of "execution"... how he jumped and drove him into the ground.
Naden's was definitely worse in terms of how the player landed.
How the player lands is probably a mix of luck & reflex.

I believe in both cases it was not intentional.
The best thing though is that in both cases no one was hurt - outcome could have been disastrous!

Facing 4 weeks

what a joke, was 100 times worse than Lawtons!

More anti manly BS
Amazing..a lot of commentators were saying 8 wks min. Well the NRL high command have now set the bar at a very low position on the rung. Bad ones only get 4 wks from now on, talk about painting themselves into a corner. A complete Audit needs to be done on NRL operations after this season finishes, so many stuff ups with no explanations !!

Facing 4 weeks

what a joke, was 100 times worse than Lawtons!

More anti manly BS

I'd say its less anti-Manly than it is the MRC not having an effing clue what they are doing.

The issue I have is those who are on the MRC. Bob Lindner played in an era where they were only just starting to penalize spear tackles. Back when he played, more often than not it was still acceptable. I hate agreeing with Kenty but I think they should not always look at ex-players for things like the MRC. Ex-referees who actually know the rules and why they are there would be better.

The worst part is that it would have taken Jake being carted off to hospital in a neck brace for Naden's suspension to be longer. And it should never ride on any injury to the tackled player.

Last edited:
I thought Lawton's was worse in terms of "execution"... how he jumped and drove him into the ground.
Naden's was definitely worse in terms of how the player landed.
How the player lands is probably a mix of luck & reflex.

I believe in both cases it was not intentional.
The best thing though is that in both cases no one was hurt - outcome could have been disastrous!

Being intelligent and well balanced won't earn you many friends around here ... but well said.

That Naden gets less than he probably should of ... does not change the fact that Lawtons was a shocker and deserved what he got.

I feared for Jake watching the game, at no point did I think Murray was in danger, the tackle was bad yes, but watching Jake‘s head and neck in that position, was scary, luckily his body came down the way it did, if his body was driven over his head with Naden’s weight added into the mix, how much can a neck hold out before it snaps? I’m glad it ended ok, but Naden’s tackle posed a far greater risk to Jake and should of been treated that way at the Judiciary, I would of been ok with 8 weeks, it’s a tackling technique that has to be deleted from the game. Needs a heavy deterrent, lift and place a player in danger and there should be a lengthy and expensive penalty to pay.

That Naden gets less than he probably should of ... does not change the fact that Lawtons was a shocker and deserved what he got.
I feared for Jake watching the game, at no point did I think Murray was in danger, the tackle was bad yes, but watching Jake‘s head and neck in that position, was scary, luckily his body came down the way it did, if his body was driven over his head with Naden’s weight added into the mix, how much can a neck hold out before it snaps? I’m glad it ended ok, but Naden’s tackle posed a far greater risk to Jake and should of been treated that way at the Judiciary, I would of been ok with 8 weeks, it’s a tackling technique that has to be deleted from the game. Needs a heavy deterrent, lift and place a player in danger and there should be a lengthy and expensive penalty to pay.

The difference in the tackles was merely the grace of god .. both Lawton and Naden had lost all say in how they landed once they reached the apogee of their arc .. at that point so many variables come into play, not the least being how the tackled player rolls, ducks turtles or free falls ..

So yes, naden's was worse from a landing point of view, but the action of the tackles were pretty similar.

The difference in the tackles was merely the grace of god .. both Lawton and Naden had lost all say in how they landed once they reached the apogee of their arc .. at that point so many variables come into play, not the least being how the tackled player rolls, ducks turtles or free falls ..

So yes, naden's was worse from a landing point of view, but the action of the tackles were pretty similar.
I respect your opinion woodsie. However I think you have to take both aspects into consideration; that is the motion of the tackle,angle of drive etc and where the player lands. Because how far beyond parallel the tackle is made will contribute to where a player lands. I am not suggesting Lawton's tackle was not a shocker. Maybe Lawton should have copped more weeks. But to say that Naden's tackle was similar and to give the same penalty as Lawton is outrageous.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6