My view of the fight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
I reserve the right to make another thread on this.

Anyway IMO they should leave it on the field. Give Glenn and Blair a 1 week ban for contrary conduct. Then leave all the rest on the field. All other players should be left as is.

They start taking things like fights off the field and all of a sudden they make the game weaker and cause bigger problems

After viewing the incident about 50+ times, I too share your conclusion and hope the panel do aswell because it was more of a slapfest with only 2-3 punches connecting from the entire thing, it was handbag stuff and should be treated as such.

Calls for long term suspensions and $100K fines etc are absurd.

I agree if that was game 1 of state of origin, would there be the same hysteria regarding suspensions and fines

i think not.

If last night was origin or the Grand Final the media would be praising their passion not calling for heads.

As usual Gallop over reacts to media pressure and will go heavy handed to sate their bloodlust. Get ready for some heavy penalties. I wouldn't be surprised to see multiple weeks and cash fines to the clubs.

Greg McCallum says they will not be influenced by the media when handing out any suspensions. I hope this proves to be the case.

Any reasonably level headed person can see this has blown out of all proportion. It wasn't a good look but these are grown men full of testosterone and fights will and do happen. I agree with giving them a 1 week suspension. Unfortunately something tells me Gallop will slap his iron fist on our backsides....because he can.

Daniel said:

Anyway IMO they should leave it on the field. Give Glenn and Blair a 1 week ban for contrary conduct. Then leave all the rest on the field. All other players should be left as is.

They start taking things like fights off the field and all of a sudden they make the game weaker and cause bigger problems

Absolutely!!!!

Both were sent off, both get a week..........lets get on with the finals!!!

Just watched the brawl from tonights game. Another silly melee managed better by the refs. Nothing happened, and nor should there have. No ten minutes or anything.

I reckon Glen is getting the rough end of the pineapple. He ran in to the initial stoush, didn't throw any punches. Blair ran in and threw punches.

Glen is on his way to the sin bin and Blair makes every effort to run and confront him verbally and physically. If Glen didn't throw the first punch Blair was going to.

Shouldn't have been binned in the first place, and when you have a guy in your face like that when you are running off what do you do?

bob dylan said:
Raises the question, why the hell was he sin binned in the first place.

When you look at the video of the on field fight you can't even see Glen.

Daniel said:

Great post, Dan.

The media overreaction is ridiculous & the majority of fans are getting behind it because it's fashionable to hate on MWSE & the Storm.

Gift & Blair should both go to the judiciary for trying to knock each others blocks off, it's not a serious matter though (IMO). Charging anyone else is just over the top. Just about every bloke in both teams was in that pile up & the majority of them were just trying to sort through the chaos & break it up. A few on both teams got some cheap shots in, who cares, let it go.

I spoke to a Dragons fan & an Eels fan at work today & they both agreed that it was a fantastic game & the brawl was exciting. Bringing down massive punishment on both clubs for the fight would just be another nail in the coffin - people liked it FFS, just move on.

Send off sufficient.

What are they going to be charged with? Throwing and missing?

Reminded me of a few Carina/Sunnybank games Utility!

Utility Player said:
Exactly all fun and games and on the piss with each other afterwards, my only fights involved pushing Mossy in front of me.

So It's your fault that time He split me?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4