MWSE Kids Holiday Clinic

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Slide

Reserve Grader
After a quick look thru Silvertails, I couldn't see this mentioned anywhere (merge this if I missed it please mods) and I wanted to give the club recognition after being critical of them for other decisions.

I have 2 Manly-mad boys (my other son prefers red and white, 'nuff said) and was excited to get an email from membership in late December advertising a school holiday program which was run on Weds this week in the heat at Brookvale Oval. It was for 6-12 year olds and one of my boys was too old by a year so I replied to membership asking whether he could take part in the day, which they very kindly agreed to (the first sign of some good customer service).

We hadn't yet signed up again as members and for $45 you received the clinic (with a bonus tour of the ground), junior membership and a 3-game pass. So I relented and signed the kids up and got myself my usual 3-game GA membership.

The day was just fantastic and seemed to be enjoyed by all. Kids had a choice of RL coaching (run by NRL game development staff) or cheerleading (run by some of the Seabirds). My son had such a hard run in the clinic he had to vomit. It was hot. He loved it!

Part way through they brought in 5 of the up and coming Sea Eagles players (I didn't work out who was who but it was supposed to include Godinet, Jamil H, a Wright, Schuster...) who spent time with each of the age groups and then at the end the kids were taken (parents couldn't go :() into the sheds where they were surprised with a Q&A session with DCE, Lawrence, Tom Turbo and Kapow. You should have seen the kids coming back from that!

So a big thumbs up to whoever in the club was responsible for the idea and organisation of the day. A massive thanks to all involved - the kids were looked after well and felt pretty special doing it all on the turf at Brookie...er Brooky...um, Brookvale Oval.

After a quick look thru Silvertails, I couldn't see this mentioned anywhere (merge this if I missed it please mods) and I wanted to give the club recognition after being critical of them for other decisions.

I have 2 Manly-mad boys (my other son prefers red and white, 'nuff said) and was excited to get an email from membership in late December advertising a school holiday program which was run on Weds this week in the heat at Brookvale Oval. It was for 6-12 year olds and one of my boys was too old by a year so I replied to membership asking whether he could take part in the day, which they very kindly agreed to (the first sign of some good customer service).

We hadn't yet signed up again as members and for $45 you received the clinic (with a bonus tour of the ground), junior membership and a 3-game pass. So I relented and signed the kids up and got myself my usual 3-game GA membership.

The day was just fantastic and seemed to be enjoyed by all. Kids had a choice of RL coaching (run by NRL game development staff) or cheerleading (run by some of the Seabirds). My son had such a hard run in the clinic he had to vomit. It was hot. He loved it!

Part way through they brought in 5 of the up and coming Sea Eagles players (I didn't work out who was who but it was supposed to include Godinet, Jamil H, a Wright, Schuster...) who spent time with each of the age groups and then at the end the kids were taken (parents couldn't go :() into the sheds where they were surprised with a Q&A session with DCE, Lawrence, Tom Turbo and Kapow. You should have seen the kids coming back from that!

So a big thumbs up to whoever in the club was responsible for the idea and organisation of the day. A massive thanks to all involved - the kids were looked after well and felt pretty special doing it all on the turf at Brookie...er Brooky...um, Brookvale Oval.

lol at "A wright"

thanks for the report. :)

My eldest will be 6 this year so I'll send her along to the next one. Thanks for the info.

My eldest will be 6 this year so I'll send her along to the next one. Thanks for the info.

You should, I think it's the first January one they've run but the July one has been a fixture - watch out for news on that and get her there!

At a guess I'd say they had about 90 kids there - about 20 cheerleading and the rest in the clinic. Good fun for the kids and a brush with fame

Wished I'd heard about it earlier, definitely would've taken the cheer leading option!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7