MWRLFCL Annual Report

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ALinda

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Looking at the Manly Warringah Rugby League Football Club Limited Annual Reports 2017 and 2016, just received together with a letter from Cliffy, I noticed a substantial decrease in the number of members. It seems in 2016 there were roughly 800 members and in 2017 there were around 600 members.

Just expressing this observation and wonder why is it so.... Nonetheless, the reports are an interesting read, including historical and statistical information on our great club.

ALinda - it seems to be getting harder to renew. I would love to, I was a FC member for a decade. But I am not a fan of using PayPal, with little to no opportunity to pay by other means.

ALinda - it seems to be getting harder to renew. I would love to, I was a FC member for a decade. But I am not a fan of using PayPal, with little to no opportunity to pay by other means.
Email received from FC on 15/11/17 advising of renewal due and in part says:

"Membership is still only $25.00 and all membership funds go towards the purchase of shares once we have paid our administration costs.

The Football Club is a co-owner of the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles Limited, and the more members we have, the more shares we can purchase and the more money goes to helping the team we all love.

You can renew (or join) online at http://manlyfootballclub.wildapricot.org/ or by sending a cheque or money order to PO Box 239 Dee Why 2099.

If you want to pay by credit card over the phone or are having difficulties renewing, please email [email protected] or call Julie on 0413 386 418."

Hope this info is of help Terry and others.

I would imagine the drop in numbers “ might” be a product of the older ones dropping off, either by actually dropping off or by the change in technology to pay Membership being suitable.

I understand they are volunteers , and PayPal makes it **** easy BUT you have to have enough options to suit the demographics.

I would imagine the drop in numbers “ might” be a product of the older ones dropping off, either by actually dropping off or by the change in technology to pay Membership being suitable.

I understand they are volunteers , and PayPal makes it **** easy BUT you have to have enough options to suit the demographics.
Drop off was due to Manly removing the option to buy a Football Club Membership along with the MSE membership :cool:

Manly would keep $2 and pass the $23 along to the FC.

I'm a member also, and it is a concern that there are only around 600 members, it is probably a wasted exercise in using membership funds to buy back shares in the Sea Eagles.
Using all membership funds, at best they would only be able to purchase around $ 10, 000 worth of shares annually after all other admin costs are taken out, in other words , the Football Club will never be in the position of owning a majority stake in the Sea Eagles, sign of the times I suppose.

Drop off was due to Manly removing the option to buy a Football Club Membership along with the MSE membership :cool:

Manly would keep $2 and pass the $23 along to the FC.
I personally removed the option to renew my MSE membership and renewed my Manly one. I saved about $100 and gave a big "fucek you" to the Penns.

All $25 went to the football club.

I'm a member also, and it is a concern that there are only around 600 members, it is probably a wasted exercise in using membership funds to buy back shares in the Sea Eagles.
Using all membership funds, at best they would only be able to purchase around $ 10, 000 worth of shares annually after all other admin costs are taken out, in other words , the Football Club will never be in the position of owning a majority stake in the Sea Eagles, sign of the times I suppose.

I'm a member and I'm less concerned about the share buying (because, and I think happily manly said this... it's not as if we are buying the shares off the Penns, they simply issue more shares [or something - I dunno]), but

the mwrlfc has at least 2 important 'powers':

1) They own the right to Manly's colours (but obv no owner, nor future owner would change the maroon or white),
2) A certain amount of games have to be played at brookie. If the owners want more taken away they need the mwrlfc's permission.

They've already been asked to allow more games to be taken away and have said no.

I feel membership is important so owners can't stack the mwrlfc and have total control.

That said I hope steps are being taken to allow a more productive relationship between the 2 bodies than the open animosity there has been in the past.

Plus it feels good to occasionally vote for the 'real' life membership for our legendary players.

Paypal: As @ALinda has points out (above) there are many ways to pay, not just paypal, but for those that don't know...paypal also allows you to pay for things via a credit card, you do not have to deposit money with them.

Anyway, I hope people that can find a spare $25 think about joining.

The point of the FC membership is to be an actual shareholder group of MSE Franchise.

Whilst the majority shareholder is currently with the Penn Sports Group, the Franchise can not be sold off/moved without a 75% vote by the FC Members.

The FC is the only record keeper of Manly history via their Annual Report.

Members buying memberships for their kids and grand kids, ensure the continuation of our 71 year Club history :)

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6