• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
Premium Member
Hug and appreciate your Mum every chance you can. On Tuesday at work I got a message that my 73-year-old, non-smoker ever, non-drinker ever, healthy vegetable eating and exercising Mum, suffered a major heart attack.
The 2 and a half hour drive from my workplace in the bush to John Flynn hospital, was a horrible time, thinking I might not see her again.
My family is extremely lucky. After code-blueing, and stent surgery, the little trooper survived.
Mum's not into footy but out of family loyalty she owns and wears a Sea Eagle jersey, even to the shops with her posh friends at times.
She's coming home today. My turn to look after her for a while now.
Go Mum!
Hug your Mums!
Go Manly!

Hey Nicci, all the very best to your Mum, for a strong and healthy recovery.

I love my Mumma more than words can express and am seeing her later today. We are going to the game on Sunday, she has not been to Brookie Oval for a very long time, years and years in fact. So I cant wait to share that time with her.

Hug your mums often and tell her you love her always.....!! :h:

Mum's are way cool. :h:

Good to hear yours is on the mend Nicci. :whew:

Had a scare a couple of years back with mine and it makes you more grateful they're still around...and sorry you were a jerk for a fair chunk of time in your teens/20s. Sorry mum...@:blush:

All the best nicci and mum, and thanks for sharing even though it's tough news.

I find it a novel scenario where people I've not yet had the pleasure to meet in person, such as yourself and Ryan, nevertheless feel familiar and the fact you share deeply personal news here makes this much more than merely a footy opinion site.

I send you well wishes and positive thoughts, I know you're far away but that's only in kilometres.

All the best to your mum n'pops!

time to get a barrel of bourbon and some strippers in for her I'd say!

party on!

Nice ending @niccipops , agree 100% enjoy them while you can, tell them you love them dearly, hug them often, spend time with them because when they are gone you can never do that again.

PS: my Mum passed away in 2005, miss her every day!

I'm so glad for you @niccipops that luck was on your mum's side :whew: and she's recovering well :party:
All the best for her continued improvement.

Sadly my mum passed away 6 years ago, but I send a big hug to your mum :h:

From my experience, I say appreciate the time you have with your mum and treasure every moment....life's too short!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6