Mrs Hopoate charged.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Only like, anyone with kids or anyone with a moral Compass really.
Pretty sure I wouldn't ask a Hopoate to look after my kids :wait:
Is it disturbing that some people act like this? Yes. But she is the daughter of an already disgraced ex player and her stupidity will see her punished according with the law. It's yet another media beat-up aimed at yet another (ex) Manly player and personally that is more of a worry to me than a complete stranger knowingly endanger their own child. There is also far worse than this going on that is not reported on.

If someone could post the link that works (won’t work on my I-pad).
But just to clarify, Mrs Hopa has been charged with refusing to provide details
of a driver alleged to have failed to secure a child in her car.
Her daughter posted the vid on her instagram account.

We used to sleep in the area under the huge back window of the car in the 60s. :rofl:
images

Kids need to learn survival skills :nerd:

Last edited:
We used to sleep in the area under the huge back window of the car in the 60s. :rofl:
images

Kids need to learn survival skills :nerd:

I was remembering earlier that I used to sit on my mum's lap and her arms were my seatbelt (yes when I was a kid). I used to look out the front window through the gap between the dashboard and the wiperblade.

Er, not sure that's legal anymore.

I was remembering earlier that I used to sit on my mum's lap and her arms were my seatbelt (yes when I was a kid). I used to look out the front window through the gap between the dashboard and the wiperblade.

Er, not sure that's legal anymore.
Exactly and now there are 7+ billion of us.

Survival of the fittest is the natural order :rock:

love being a Silvertail, and a proud Manly supporter but am really getting sick of the Hollier then thou people on here, fark me some of you will be made saints when you die...rant over..

John Hopoate’s wife Brenda sentenced in Manly court on serious driving charge​

The wife of former NRL star John Hopoate has been sentenced in a Sydney court on a serious driving charge — but she blamed their kids. See the 13 offences that lost her a whopping 52 points.

Jim O'RourkeJim O'Rourke

@JimORourke6

3 min read
May 18, 2022 - 6:00PM
Manly Daily
Video-link
b80ab070fe46572d751e5fedd14a8cb0

The daughter of former NRL star John Hopoate has posted a shocking video on social media of a toddler in the front seat of a moving car without a child restraint.
subscriber-breach-pixel
anonymous-breach-pixel
registered-breach-pixel

Former NRL star John Hopoate’s family is in trouble with the law — again.
This time it’s his wife Rasa Brenda Hopoate who faced Manly Local Court on Wednesday on a serious driving charge.
Although she pleaded guilty to one count of driving a motor vehicle while her licence was suspended, Mrs Hopoate, 49, sheeted the blame home to some of their 11 children.
She told the court that she didn’t know that her licence was suspended for racking up a large number of licence demerit points for speeding and mobile phone offences.
Former NRL star John Hopoate leaves Manly Court House with his wife Rasa Brenda Hopoate, where she was convicted on Wednesday for driving her Mercedes Sprinter van on a suspended licence. Picture: Jim O'Rourke

Former NRL star John Hopoate leaves Manly Court House with his wife Rasa Brenda Hopoate, where she was convicted on Wednesday for driving her Mercedes Sprinter van on a suspended licence. Picture: Jim O'Rourke
The court heard that her licence had 52 demerit points in 2021.
Her driving record tendered to court showed there were 13 offences, including multiple speed camera, mobile phone and one red traffic light offence, committed between April and October last year.
But Mrs Hopoate, and her husband who was sitting in the court’s public gallery, told magistrate Robyn Denes that they did not receive any notification about her suspended licence.
They said some of their adult children regularly borrow the black Mercedes Sprinter mini van registered in her name.
“I didn’t know I had all those points,” Mrs Hopoate, who did not have a solicitor, said.
“Someone else is driving the car.
“It’s probably the children driving, costing me all these points.”
Her husband said from the gallery that she did not know she had lost her licence.
“They have driven our cars … they all live at home”.
When asked by the magistrate why she had not seen any traffic fines sent to her letter box, Mrs Hopoate said the children probably checked the mail first, and took the letters and paid some of the fines.
“They check the mail before I do,” Mrs Hopoate said.
Mrs Hopoate, from Dee Why, was pulled over by Highway Patrol officers in Mitchell Rd, Brookvale at 11.30am on April 19, behind the wheel of the Mercedes van.
When they asked for her licence, she replied: “Sorry, I don’t have my bag on me.”.
A police check then revealed that her licence had been suspended since April 6, 2021.
They also discovered her licence had actually expired on December 3 last year, the court was told.
The police facts sheet tendered to court stated that it had been “demerit point suspended” last April and she had not completed the traffic offender penalty knowledge test.
Ms Hopoate was convicted, fined and had three months added to her driving suspension. Picture: Jim O'Rourke

Ms Hopoate was convicted, fined and had three months added to her driving suspension. Picture: Jim O'Rourke
Mrs Hopoate told the officers, according to the facts sheet, that she “knew about all the outstanding penalties recorded under her licence and that she had not made any efforts with Service NSW/Roads and Maritime Services about appealing the traffic infringements, or renewing her licence”.
Magistrate Denes told Mrs Hopoate, that as the registered owner of the van “you need to know who is driving (it).
“You can’t pretend ignorance.
“You need to sit down and talk to your kids.”
Mrs Hopoate was fined $500 and disqualified from driving for three months.
It’s was not Mrs Hopoate’s first brush with Manly court.
The couple arriving at Manly Court on 2nd October 2019. Brenda was having her first appearance on a charge of refusing to provide the details of a driver alleged to have failed to secure a child in her car. (AAP Image / Julian Andrews)

The couple arriving at Manly Court on 2nd October 2019. Brenda was having her first appearance on a charge of refusing to provide the details of a driver alleged to have failed to secure a child in her car. (AAP Image / Julian Andrews)
In October 2019 she was fined $500 for refusing to provide the name of a driver alleged to have failed to secure a toddler who was riding in the front seat of her car.
She was charged after an alarming video was posted on social media which appeared to show that Mrs Hopoate was not driving her car.
But footage filmed from the back seat showed a young female in a hoodie behind the wheel.
Manly Local Court heard in 2019 that Mrs Hopoate did not want to reveal the name of the driver to police because it would “cause issues within the family”.
Outside court, when Mrs Hopoate was asked “who are you covering up for?”, she replied: “For family.
“I just don’t want to dob anybody in”.
Back in March, their 23-year-old son Sione Mau John Junior Hopoate, was convicted of driving while suspended. The professional footballer, who plays for the Wynnum Manly Seagulls in the Queensland Cup rugby league competition, was also hit with a $500 fine and disqualified from driving for three months.
In November, 2020, John Hopoate Senior pleaded guilty in Manly Local Court to driving while on a suspended licence and was convicted and fined $1000.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4