Moylan v Pearce

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

brad

First Grader
Whether we want him or not , whats the difference here between signing Moylan or Pearce. A few weeks ago i thought we were a big chance of securing Moylan ( from all media reports and from what i was told ) not to be . So what makes this any different in the Pearce situation, why do you think he will or wont sign for Manly ?

Last edited:
As with Moylan “ pigs might fly”.

I get the Thompson rumour, although it’s a month since that started so I’m going to be VERY surprised if that actually comes off.

Seriously , we’ve been associated with nearly every off contract player, and to date “ diddly squat”.

The only fair dinkum news has been BJ’s departure.

Everything else, nothing but pure speculation and mostly click bait.

maybe the roosters will just sign cronk and do a penrith and add a 250-500k bounty to pearce's signature.

because...politis

I can't see pearce and cronk in the same team . Pearce is a halfback and thats we're he will want to stay . He might come out and say " look im happy to do whats best for the team " .It won't happen.

Had the chance to speak with the cousin of a couple of League players and he told me the following. Jason Taumalolo is definitely not coming to the Eagles camp, but AFB will be staying with us. Must admit I was shocked.

In terms of likeability and RSPCA accreditation, Moylan by a country mile. That aside I think Pearce has a much better kicking game and is much busier in defence. Moylan is much more dynamic, breaks trackles and runs more metres. Given that our biggest downfall was defence and consistency, Pearce would probably be the better fit for us. Though I'd be extremely happy with Moylan.

I can't see pearce and cronk in the same team . Pearce is a halfback and thats we're he will want to stay . He might come out and say " look im happy to do whats best for the team " .It won't happen.

Heard this morning on the radio that Pearce is unhappy. (but could just be media BS building a story).

Moylan is the better individual player, freakish talent but we already have one of them. Pearce is a better fit for our club with the cattle we have. A good talker and worker. We need a director

I would never have considered pearce as an option for cherry but i reckon it could work much better than green and better than cronk.

Pearce can also adapt to the few bad oasses he will get better as well. He also likes the ball delivered out in front and will make api work and probably make api a better player. Love to see api as a benchy for the blues

Id be happy with pearce, joel thompson and another back up hooker. Baptiste at canberra was being unloaded i think, but i dont watch rhete games so not sure how good he really is.No more utility ****. Im so over that. Just someone who doesnt try to overplay there hand.

Happy to give parker and kelly another year to see if the step right up. Both have given enough hope they will go on. Hopefully at the mighty eags

At this stage I give it a one in five chance we'll nab Pearce. Still not convinced he'll leave the Roosters even if they get Cronk. Pearce at lock?

Could be the exact reaction from Pearce that Politis was hoping for. Pearce is 28 and NSW SOO Half and is way past serving a 2 year apprenticeship. Any reasonably minded person would expect him to feel rather humiliated by Cronk's signing. Politis will continue to say they the rorters want to keep him so as negotiate their way out of paying too much of Pearce's salary for the next 2 years. Politis demands success and he must have been very disappointed with the Roosters in the semifinals. He is chasing Cronk to avoid that happening in 2018 and 2019 not to improve Mitchell's game. My tip is that Mitchell is leaving the Rorters and I hope he chooses us over Newcastle. The difficulty is that I expect Newcastle will be prepared to pay more requiring a lesser contribution from the rorters. This also alleviates the the high level of scepticism surrounding their ability to sign both Teddy and Gonk and stay under the cap.

Look what happened at Souths after they resigned Sam Burgess then having to cut loose players. It destroyed the team morale and unity.

They just re signed ferguson for another year as well. We need Toovey to check their books . They cannot possibly stay under the cap without a big name or 2 shafted.

Initially I preferred the moylan rumour, because there seemed to be lots behind that rumour. The Pearce rumour is less strong in terms of inside gossip and tip-offs from sources. Maybe that means it has more legs.

In conclusion I just can’t decide which of these rumours is the one to follow.

Initially I preferred the moylan rumour, because there seemed to be lots behind that rumour. The Pearce rumour is less strong in terms of inside gossip and tip-offs from sources. Maybe that means it has more legs.

In conclusion I just can’t decide which of these rumours is the one to follow.
Well said mate..

Did that happen?

Yes the Dogster to Manly rumour.

I actually posted this morning that I thought it was really strange that they, the NRL, were publishing this when negotiating with a player , who is contracted for the following year , isn’t actually allowed to the 1st of November.

Apparently the club could face a big fine for even doing so.

Double standards......much!!!!!

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8