Moving in the right direction

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Still not clinical and a bit to work on, but that is a good start to the title run

Were still a few lapses in defence, especially up the middle, which were a concern, but the good thing was we were back to what we do best, and that is scramble to recover those situations

The main part of that match was our forwards making their's look like an SG Ball mob, we absolutely destroyed them. Hall, Bryant and Watmough especially took big metres off them each run

Brett was awesome. Scores 2, throws the final pass in 3, and saves at least 1 as well. My old lady isn't a big league fan but made a good observation "I like him because he isn't selfish", that is spot on, he could have scored the Bell try with his eyes closed but moved the pill on

Can't pick a bad performer out of that lot, 1-17 were all great. Special mentions to Orfords kicking game, Cuthbertsons ball play, and Williams power running

Oh, and Archer is still a c***. Joke of a ref, always asks the video ref when we score, was consistent with his usual we hold down, whistle blown but in reverse we get nothing from him. Also the crap call when Beaver was away from the bounce of his chest and got called back, yet later on it was play on for Morris.

Was always confident we would trounce them, bloody happy that came through. Titans will trouble us more next week, but they have never beaten us and i dont think it will happen this season

I noticed Orford actually took the line on a few times and played like we expect him too
close to my MoM

That scoreline will deflect from some of the soul searching that needs to be done.

Our attack was good, and Orfords kicking game was what he should be producing EVERY week, not every now and then. Matai made some good breaks and Watmough ran hard and made plenty of metres.........BUT......... fark me they needed to produce in attack because they were both woeful in defence. I don't know what Watmough's missed tackle count was, but it must have been near double figures. Matai was up to his old tricks again with badly timed runs out of the defensive line. Luckily for us the Tigers had a case of the dropsies in the first half because they could have put on 2 or 3 more tries. Watmoughs defense just isn't good enough at the moment, he is a liability and we won't win a GF with him wandering around out there as a moving gap. It was a good win, but we will face stiffer opposition then that in the semis and we won't win unless we can get back to some defensive form.

Agree on Archer, the guy is just a carnt.

Melbourne and other teams in the semi's will have a field day with our defence. 

Watmough is a shirt grabber and missed Laurie for both of his tries.  Every team will target him in defence because he is a huge liability.  We are dead with his defensive deficiencies which haven;t been fixed since last years grand final when he missed 14 tackles. 

Mattai still rushes up and leaves huge holes and Bell is tentative in defence at times.

The roosters exposed our defence big time and look how they have been going.  Big trouble when we play a decent team again like Melbourne. 

At least the orford supporters will be happy because he played well againts a crap team today. 

That's pretty bloody ordinary. He (Watmough) must have missed a few against the Bunnies too, so it's a worrying trend. It might be time for him to start on the bench.

Did King play NSW Cup does anybody know ??

There were some  +ives out of tonight. As I mentioned Orfords kicking game reached a standard to be expected of a first grade halfback, let's hope it continues. Cuthbo was good. Thought Ballin played well and threw some good passes out of dummy half. Williams just keeps producing. Snake was awesome and deserved a double. Bryant played one of the better games I've seen from him.  

tookey link said:
Melbourne and other teams in the semi's will have a field day with our defence. 

Watmough is a shirt grabber and missed Laurie for both of his tries.  Every team will target him in defence because he is a huge liability.  We are dead with his defensive deficiencies which haven;t been fixed since last years grand final when he missed 14 tackles. 

Mattai still rushes up and leaves huge holes and Bell is tentative in defence at times.

The roosters exposed our defence big time and look how they have been going.  Big trouble when we play a decent team again like Melbourne.  

At least the orford supporters will be happy because he played well againts a crap team today. 

The strange part is that around the Melbourne game our defense has been ordinary, but against them in the middle of it, it was top notch

LOL, knew the Orford knockers would put that spin on it

2GB spoke to King before the match and he said he'll be a week or two. Still problems with his foot.

Bradza link said:
2GB spoke to King before the match and he said he'll be a week or two. Still problems with his foot.

Well, I just hope that this proves something to you princess knockers out there who have made all those cruel & baseless jokes about his injured fingernail.

It was his toenail.  :p

Jatz Crackers link said:
[quote author=Bradza link=topic=178242.msg194429#msg194429 date=1219559733]

Well, I just hope that this proves something to you princess knockers out there who have made all those cruel & baseless jokes about his injured fingernail.

It was his toenail.  :p
[/quote]

He is always injured. 

Speaking of injuries i think that is another of Matai's weakness, every hit up im come to expect him playying the ball clutching his neck/ shoulder / arm ect. But that is not to say he is a bloody tough bloke its just he is also injury prone.

With Watmough's defense i dont think it has to do with his technique but more so to do with his intelligence in defence. We all know he isnt the smartest person in the team. Example in the tigers match when Choc got beaten and ran around by Lawrie there is one thing i noticed, He ball watched, He didnt look at the player outside the ball carrier which i think was Benji Marshall at the time, therefore if his opposition run on the right line then most the time in 1 on 1 situations Choc will get beaten.

deadlyeagle link said:
Speaking of injuries i think that is another of Matai's weakness, every hit up I'm come to expect him playing the ball clutching his neck/ shoulder / arm ect. But that is not to say he is a bloody tough bloke its just he is also injury prone.

With Watmough's defense i don't think it has to do with his technique but more so to do with his intelligence in defence. We all know he isn't the smartest person in the team. Example in the tigers match when Choc got beaten and ran around by Lawrie there is one thing i noticed, He ball watched, He didn't look at the player outside the ball carrier which i think was Benji Marshall at the time, therefore if his opposition run on the right line then most the time in 1 on 1 situations Choc will get beaten.

Deja Vu

Watmough was better and is coming back from a bad injury. He does make bad reads but when fit is one of our best defenders. Needs to step up to that level again for us to do well.

deadlyeagle link said:
Speaking of injuries i think that is another of Matai's weakness, every hit up I'm come to expect him playing the ball clutching his neck/ shoulder / arm ect. But that is not to say he is a bloody tough bloke its just he is also injury prone.

His neck is stuffed, that is the main reason for that

Has a bulging disc that needs an op

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10