Moving home matches

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Manly To Win!

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
After Sunday's utter disgrace of a crowd (and before anyone asks, I was there), I fail to understand why we keep moving matches there. It's a great ground but few people on the Central Coast clearly like us and apart from the money, does anyone really gain from it?

I'd like to see matches moved to places like the country or Perth where crowds are always good and they're crying out for live NRL matches. We'd get money and possibly some new fans.

Pretty sure that Manly get monies to go to Bluetongue.

Hopefully we won't have to go again as Singo's Bluetongue licence is expiring this year.

Souths have moved their home game to Gosford this week. You'd think they would have learnt from their mistake of moving their home game against us to North Sydney Oval in 2004. What a sweet day that was, we put 50 on them.

I hope we take both 'away' home games there again next year. I could get used to drinks and seafood on the ferry.

I reckon if tickets for Sunday were included in memberships we would've got at least 15,000. I thought 12,090 wasn't too bad considering we we're the only Sydney team.

The Warriors game seemed a strange one to take up there. Sunday arvo game & against a team that normally draws strong support at Brookie as well.

Hope that MWSE aren't getting strong-armed in regards to what games they take to Gosford.

Having the Souths game a week later hurt. Plenty maybe saved their $ for the Souths game instead of Warriors. Not good for Manly though as away team gets zero.

Wolfpack said:
The Warriors game seemed a strange one to take up there. Sunday arvo game & against a team that normally draws strong support at Brookie as well.

Hope that MWSE aren't getting strong-armed in regards to what games they take to Gosford.

I think the club moved that game so we could be at Brookie rd 25 and rd 26.

CAMBO said:
Wolfpack said:

Ah that makes sense.

Still, would've been preferable to move the Titans or Raiders game up to Gosford IMO.

there were are fair few warriors supporters there on Sunday so they have a fair bit of support up the coast

souffs take games there because of their links with norffs, who think it will help their case for reinstatement I believe

Wolfpack said:
CAMBO said:
Wolfpack said:

Ah that makes sense.

Still, would've been preferable to move the Titans or Raiders game up to Gosford IMO.

Yeah Penrith was meant to be our game up there but club swapped them around so Kite and Joe can get a Brookie farewell

We should make a deal with Souths that in the years that we play them twice, we take our home game there and they do the same. That way both games (home and away) against Souths are at Bluetongue and neither team gets the advantage or disadvantage of giving up a home game while the opposition doesn't . Doesn't have to be Souths. Any team that we play twice.

With all the extra funding to the clubs now from the NRL is it really financially necessary for us to move games away from Brookvale oval?

bones said:
We should make a deal with Souths that in the years that we play them twice, we take our home game there and they do the same. That way both games (home and away) against Souths are at Bluetongue and neither team gets the advantage or disadvantage of giving up a home game while the opposition doesn't . Doesn't have to be Souths. Any team that we play twice.

Play for the Gosford Cup.

bones said:

What about in years when we play Brisbane twice we move our home game to suncorp if they move their home game to Brookie

CAMBO said:
bones said:

What about in years when we play Brisbane twice we move our home game to suncorp if they move their home game to Brookie

Lol nice.

CAMBO said:
bones said:

Idiotic suggestion. How can they have their reserved Fri night at Brookie it just doesn't happen. Isn't it normally Mon night for Brookie. :p

ManlyArmy said:
I reckon if tickets for Sunday were included in memberships we would've got at least 15,000. I thought 12,090 wasn't too bad considering we we're the only Sydney team.

Come on man, think about it.
This is how it used to be and we all whinged to get the moved games taken off the memberships. You can't bag the club for listening to fans.

I don't want to pay for 12 games if only 10 are at Brookie. I flat refuse to go to Gosford. Why should I have to pay for away games in my home game membership? Home game memberships are for home ground only. Gosford is not home ground, it's not even in our own city, which at least SFS & ANZ are.

If we are to take games away though, I also think that we should do it properly and take them to places that don't see regular first grade football.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8