MVP: Most Valuable player for [Round 20: Dragons v Sea Eagles 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mosto

I have a well known member
Premium Member
Win, lose or draw we still have to vote! There are always a few that try hard, some harder and then there are always those that just are......

Anyway lets get your votes in the voting system above and see if we can pick out winner for Silvertails MVP

None of the players get any points from me this week.

And they don't deserve this weeks portion of their salary either.

I dunno, it seems we all love tom but I saw dce as the last line of defence more than tom. It's not all about attack,....we need some snake like defense as well.

It seems obvious to me that Manly are playing a 13 man defensive line when in our 20m, same as Melbourne, etc.
Difference being that Slater can do both roles due to his game reading ability.

Tommy will get there.

But it is a definite coaching tactic, not a Tommy deficiency.

It seems obvious to me that Manly are playing a 13 man defensive line when in our 20m, same as Melbourne, etc.

Tommy will get there.

I hope so. I believe in the Tom!

Slim pickings this week, so these are more like encouragement awards…

3. Joey Lussick. Really good service from dummy half when he came on, solid defence and scored a try on debut. Good job.
2. Brad Parker. Copped a knock to the head (no penalty, of course) but came back and had a solid game. Strong hit ups and some good defence.
1. Cameron Cullen. If only for that great cover tackle in the corner. Showed a lot of heart while he was out there.

Tommy will get there.

Regardless of the 13 man defensive tactic, Tom's positional work at the back is definitely an area that needs work for him. He is often caught out of position for both kicks and breaks (and I'm referring to those from long out and not just attacking zone plays). It's worrying how many long kicks (and even bombs) from the opposition hit the grass with Tom ambling after them.

Three areas I'd like to see his development focus on are;

1. Positional play. Just start by showing a greater urgency to catch kicks on the full every time and sprinting with purpose as soon as he collects them. Being able to read where kicks and potential breaks are coming from will develop with more and more experience.

2. Proactively attacking high bombs with competence and confidence (BOTH IN ATTACK AND DEFENCE)... how much more intimidating and lethal would our attack become if we had the threat of putting up bombs on the last with Tom flying through the air with the above qualities. We are already developing an awesome attack, but having that threat on the end of a tackle count when we fail to get through during the set would make many teams tremble.

3. Assertive communication; being able to read the opposition's attacking structures and effectively communicate from the back to our defensive line in no uncertain terms. I'd like to see him doing this, and everything else in his game, with a greater intensity and purpose.

Unlike some here, I can't deny Jake points after his 110% effort, as evidenced by his stats. Stand-out MVP for me this week.

Honourable mentions and minor points to Tom (2) and Joey (1).

Toovey would have single handedly stopped these offloads. Why are we the only team that can't stop the Dragons from doing this?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4