Mose Masoe - prop rotation 2016

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Freagle

Bencher
Was just watching Mosoe carve up in English Super League before...from memory he wanted to come home last year but ended up staying put. Would make a good impact player for any team...(OK, so he took three plays to make it back onside after a long break, but he looks good for a 15-minute tilt).

Add him to the mix. I say we need two of:
Tom Burgess
Masoe
Ryan James (maybe)
Warea-Hargreaves
Darcy Lussick
And get friggin Gorgeous George back while we're at it. Another good man who loved the Maroon and White yet was shown the door...

I would take JWH back, but I'm pretty sure he recently resigned or is very close to with the Roosters. If the club knew DCE had plans to leave I think we would have gone harder for Merrin and also midway through last year for Aaron Woods before he resigned with the Tigers. There's not a lot of quality big men available for 2016, Tom Burgess is probably the best pick. I think we missed Josh Starling on the weekend. He played every game for us last year and his role in the first 20 minutes is vital. Mason is a little bit slow moving side to side, and I think our edges knew this and moved in a little closer, hence why Parra then went around us after they got a roll on.

I would take JWH back, but I'm pretty sure he recently resigned or is very close to with the Roosters. If the club knew DCE had plans to leave I think we would have gone harder for Merrin and also midway through last year for Aaron Woods before he resigned with the Tigers. There's not a lot of quality big men available for 2016, Tom Burgess is probably the best pick. I think we missed Josh Starling on the weekend. He played every game for us last year and his role in the first 20 minutes is vital. Mason is a little bit slow moving side to side, and I think our edges knew this and moved in a little closer, hence why Parra then went around us after they got a roll on.
Spot on!

I actually thought we collapsed most when we had Mason on the sideline in the first part of the 2nd half. The only one going forward at all was Burgess at that stage. Agree though that they moved up on Mason very fast in defence, and ran around him in attack. I think they also targeted Symonds out on the right edge, since his natural inclination is to defend closer in. They drew Mason and co. in, then moved it wide very fast.

I see Mose Masoe's name thrown about on here a lot. He's currently at my home town team St. Helens, and tbh I don't really quite know if I do or don't want him playing for Manly.

On the one hand I remember his form for Penrith in 2013, and he was outstanding. The second half of the year I watched him a lot because he had announced he had signed, he played strong 20 minute stints, looked fit, aggressive and strangely for a big man quite agile. He picked up a few MOM awards as well. Then there was the world cup performances v New Zealand which really wet the appetite for us. But tbh that was not the player we got.

He plays about 10 minutes and averages around 2 carries a stint, and the big monster that was mauling the likes of George Burgess in this years four nations doesn't really turn up except for one or two particularly physical games. He's the kind of guy that when the going gets rough you want him on your team, but in reality when the majority of the time that doesn't happen and you want hard work, he makes you think what are we paying him for. He would probably come cheap by NRL standards which is a plus, and there is that monster inside him, but if we are expecting that every week like we all were at St. Helens I wouldn't be certain that he will bring it. Then again a return to the big leagues in the NRL and some attention from Donny and he could regather that Penrith/Samoa form and he would look like a steal.

• 👍
Reactions: Baz
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6