morris interview about ballin tackle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
Did anyone watch the interview with morris about him taking out ballin.

Basically said he couldn't get out of the road.

He tackled ballin, tackled, then lied on the ground with his arms up.

Im gald the refs picked it up.

He also said that he hoped people didn't think that was when the Sharks lost the match.

Well what was it? Gallen next to the posts with a kick to come for a draw and them coming home on a wet sail. My mate offered to buy you a beer if he could! You probably made a few punters very happy (and angry) too!!

Darren said:
Well what was it? Gallen next to the posts with a kick to come for a draw and them coming home on a wet sail. My mate offered to buy you a beer if he could! You probably made a few punters very happy (and angry) too!!

@Darren, who are you talking to ?
And what are you talking about ?

[/quote]

Same Q came to mind TE. Hey, are you the same TE I saw on a wiziwig live stream in the chat section not too long ago ?

Even if it was an accident from Morris, its still a penalty to us. He was offside and stopped a defender getting there. I think if Ballin wasn't interfered with he was a good chance at getting to the ball before Gallen.

Realistically Morris could easily have avoided Ballin IMO. Regardless that he claims it was an accident, fact is he tackled one of the markers out of the play from an offside position. Rules are rules and since Gallen ran straight past where they were on the ground, that counts as obstruction.

Morris and Flanagan may not like it, but even Gallen said in his post match interview with Brad Fittler that once he saw the replay he knew it would be a no try.

I dont think Morris ever said it shouldnt have been pulled up, just that it was an accident.

Just plain stupid if you ask me,i guess thats what fatigue does to the brain.

Sheikheagle said:
There is also no proof that gallen got the ball down

He scored it easy. We just didn't see many replays from the various angles because the on-field refs weren't interested in the grounding. But he most definitely got down for a try.

No accident for sure. Morris had his arm wrapped around Ballin's waist.

An obvious penalty when seen on replay and one that was an absolute brain explosion from Morris.

TokyoEagle said:
Darren said:

Sheikheagle said:

Agreed Sheikheagle. I thought this at the time too. I reckon Gallen comes down just short of the line and then is held up when he's over. He then rolls over, well after the fact, and puts the ball down. He then jumps up & points to the spot at the ref, thus giving away the fact he didn't get the ball down the first time.
I haven't had a chance to go back & have another look, but I'm not convinced it would have been awarded anyway, even without Morris's brain explosion.

Clint said:
Sheikheagle said:

Agreed Sheikheagle. I thought this at the time too. I reckon Gallen comes down just short of the line and then is held up when he's over. He then rolls over, well after the fact, and puts the ball down. He then jumps up & points to the spot at the ref, thus giving away the fact he didn't get the ball down the first time.
I haven't had a chance to go back & have another look, but I'm not convinced it would have been awarded anyway, even without Morris's brain explosion.

I think it was hiku who had his hands Nader the ball

Class of 96 said:

Same Q came to mind TE. Hey, are you the same TE I saw on a wiziwig live stream in the chat section not too long ago ?
[/quote]

@Class of 96, one and the same.

It wasn't even controversial.

It was a penalty every day of the week. The only person that said it may not have been was Flanagan. Hardly an unbiased opinion. And frankly, he showed what a moron he is with his comments.

Even Gallen, who was obviously disappointed, wasn't brazen enough to suggest his side were dudded.

Clint said:
Sheikheagle said:

I have to agree with HH above. He got it down. I think the reaction of our boys is the clue. They weren't still fighting and they were looking around at each other asking how it happened. It wasn't the look of guys who think they just denied a try.

The fact is that had Klien not told Shayne Hayne what he saw and that it should go to the video ref.....Hayne was all set to award the try. I can't stand Gallen but I honestly think he did get the ball down.

What I have to laugh at though is reading some other league forums, Sharks fans are claiming that Matt Ballin wasn't square at marker so it should have either been a penalty to them or Gallen's try should have been awarded. Apparently a player coming from an offside position and tackling one of the markers is legal.....just ask Sharks fans.

It was a brainsnap from Morris. Quite unlike him, but the excitement of the moment got to him.
It costs Cronulla the match. We did incredibly well to defend for the remaining 15 minutes but I doubt we could have scored again.
This was one match where we were lucky the win. However, we should have had the week off and been watching Easts play the Sharks because we were by far the best team the previous week.
There are several games every season where the better team loses.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4